Thread: Gets a Black screen after installing ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard

Gets a Black screen after installing ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard

I had a old motherboard that started giving me constant trouble and I am sure the reason for that was due to constant gaming. Now I got a new ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard recently. Now once I got the new board I just started with the process of installation on my new motherboard. While carrying out the process everything was alright until the boot up reached the start up screen. It also showed the windows 7 logo forming and after that suddenly there was a black screen with cursor on it. So can anyone give me the solution for this?

Re: Gets a Black screen after installing ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard

I just went through the question that you have put up and it’s really very strange to know that you are getting the black screen after installing ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard. I guess that there is no reason why you should get a black screen. Maybe you might have went somewhere wrong in the process of installation. So right now I would suggest you to just do a reinstallation and I am sure that will help to solve the problem.

I need some more information in regards to your problem so that then we can proceed further on this issue. I just need to know that can you boot the system in safe mode. Have you tried doing that? If not then I guess that you should try doing it. Also can you command prompt? And the most important of them all and that is did you install your new motherboard drivers? It would be better if you reply to this few questions in order to solve the issue.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I just went through the solutions that are present here. Replying to the questions that are mentioned over here I would tell you that I tried to boot in safe mode but was not successful in doing that. Also I am not able to access command prompt. And the reason for it is that I just can’t log into windows. And finally replying to the last question, I would say that the drivers are uninstalled as I am unable to log into windows. I hope that this much information is sufficient to you to fix the issue.

I appreciate you for your solutions. What I was saying you that have you tried to access the command prompt by simply pressing the control alt and delete buttons simultaneously. You can surely try this out. I guess that there might be a difference in the new motherboard as compared to the old one. And there is one more thing which you need to do is that you need to downloaded the drivers. This is really important. I am sure once you carry out this it will help you to fix the issue.

I guess that I have a better solution to this. What you need to do is reinstall the OS.I am saying this because you have changed your motherboard. Also try repairing the OS and this is because during the OS installation for the motherboard the default drivers seem to be mismatching with your new motherboard. There may be the possibility that the new m/b might be having a different chipset. Just carry out this process and I am sure that it will help you to fix the issue immediately. And don’t forget to reply if this solution works for you.