Thread: Cpu usage is more than ram usage

Cpu usage is more than ram usage

I’ve dell laptop having core i5 processor 4gb ram 512mb graphic card. In my laptop there is windows 7 operating system. the problem of my laptop is that, it usage cpu more than RAM usage. Before windows 7 I’ve installed a windows xp operating system. in xp when I open my applications the cpu usage is 20% to 30% and RAM usage is 70% to 80%. But when I installed a windows 7, then my cpu usage is 70% to 80% and RAM uses is 20% to 40%. I don’t understand this problem. Please tell me why this problem is happening in my laptop. Please help me.

Re: Cpu usage is more than ram usage

I think when you install a windows 7 in your laptop, then after that you may have downloaded some application from internet which needs a more cpu consumption and when you try to run an application in your system the cpu usage become more. Uninstall that application from your system and then reinstall it again in your system. if your problem not resolved then try to run an antivirus software may be some virus contains in your application and when you are running that application then that virus become active.

I think you have to uninstall your application and then reinstall that application again in your system. after installing run your application and then check the cpu usage, if you think it is taking more usage then try to scan that application may be some virus has attached to that application and he is responsible for this activity. If you have already scan your system and you don’t find any virus then go for formatting. Formatting will delete all your data in your system , so please take a backup of your data before formatting.

I think there are some other application or program which is running backside of your computer and you are not able to view that application or program. Open your task manager and see that any program which is not seen on screen are appearing in your task manager or not. If you can see that task running behind the screen then end that task. If you find that no program running backside and you still face that problem then go for formatting. After formatting install all the application in your computer and check the usage of your cpu.