Thread: Motherboard and USB not working with Ubuntu

Motherboard and USB not working with Ubuntu

I am having a HP Compaq machine which is compatible with ubuntu, the machine is working fine with almost all features and the functionality. The machine is specified as 4 GB Ram with 500 GB hard drive. I also make a partition in my drive, where I installed windows 7 OS. The machine was going fine with both the operating system. But suddenly from last three days it is creating a problem on USB port, not working properly. Along with that the motherboard is also not responding correctly, with the RAM. I am not sure but according to the problem which is occurring, I am guessing the problem might be for the hardware. I hope someone from here will definitely help me to overcome from this problem. Any input regarding this issue, will be appreciated.

Re: Motherboard and USB not working with Ubuntu

did you tried with the windows environment? if the machine w works fine in your windows platform, then be sure that there should nay problem in the Linux platform. Start the machine in command prompt mode, there type and insert chmod and hit on enter, it will appear you into the command prompt window. From there locate the USB mass device application, and check whether this on e working fine or not. I think the device application is not working well, for that you may need to download or update the mass driver in your machine.

I think the [problem might be solved by the windows mode, though I was did the same thing, and the solution is works in my machine, when I was a also having similar issue in my USB port, it was not working with windows vista platform. But after the windows update the device is works. So I would like to suggest you to log in your machine in windows mode, and now go to the device manager, I think if this not working in one environment, then this will also not work in other environment. So for that you can try one think, by update the windows version, because as per my opinion, I heard that some of the devices are collaborate with the windows files, if there are not working then this might not be works, now I think by the windows update you will be able to solve the USB port issue, so according to my suggestion, go to the start menu, and from there locate windows update, click and install necessary update files in your machine. I hope by this you will be get relief.

The operating system version by which you are trying to run your USB port may be the USB device port is not support that operating system, so for that I think you should go for the reload option. By reload the Ubuntu you might b get relief from the problem that you mentioned in your machine. Before that I have a solution regarding windows platform. Enter into the device manager after log in to machine by windows version. Now look for the USB base system driver, if this driver application is listed on the yellow or the red colored list then be sure that the driver is not working, and if this not works on the windows platform, then this will also not run in any other platform. Along with that I suggest you to download the USB serial; driver according to the machine specification that you have, and install into your machine for Linux. If this problem occurring for the Ubuntu OS, then by the USB driver this will be solved.