Thread: Do I need to buy more SATA cables?

Do I need to buy more SATA cables?

The motherboard I purchase, the EVGA x58 LE, comes by means of 2 SATA data cables as well as 1 SATA power cable. I at present have an OEM HDD and OEM SSD, as well as an OEM DVD burner. As a result I require to purchase one more SATA data cable furthermore how many more power cables? Thus what are your familiarity by means of new motherboards? Do they arrive with sufficient cables or else do I have to purchase a few? I lost the sata cables that came through my earlier Motherboard for the reason that I'm still on integrated development environment (IDE).

Re: Do I need to buy more SATA cables?

Then you immediately require to purchase the SATA data cable. You may possibly also have the power cables for supper. They are absolutely valueless for that system afterward, in view of the fact that their only real use is to permit an older system to provide power to the new drives. That is a new power supply unit (PSU) and will have those required connectors.

Any brand of sata cable will perform. You may desire to acquire one by means of a right angle connector for your DVD burner. Get one extensive sufficient on the way to run from the most distant sata part to your motherboard. A bit longer is okay. From an artistic opinion, you may desire to match the color of the supplied motherboard cables. From a realistic opinion, I like to make use of different colors on the way to more simply recognize which cable goes where.

The TX750w power supply has two lines, each by means of 4 SATA power connectors as well as two lines, and each by means of 4 Molex furthermore a floppy drive power connector. Except you have an unusually large number of drives, you will have ample of power connectors.However you will need to buy additional sata cables. I like the 750.