Thread: Need a new ram for my siemens laptop

Need a new ram for my siemens laptop

I have a recently brought a Siemens laptop. The performance I can say is somewhat OK. This is because the processor speed that I have noticed is getting slow day by day. I am running aol in my laptop. I know it consumes some part of the ram but sometimes the speed is too low to even carry on with some operation. So what I think that it may be basically due to the RAM. So I am thinking of getting a good ram for my laptop. Also one more problem that I wanted to specify is that my laptop becomes very hot when I run a antivirus like Norton. I think so a low memory ram can be the root cause of all these problems. So do suggest some good ram manufacturers for me. I have a windows xp operating system.

Re: Need a new ram for my siemens laptop

What I can say looking at your problem is that your ram must be of very low size i.e. 128 MB ram or 256 MB RAM. These days minimum size requirement for any manufacturer is 512MB ram. I would say it would be better if you stick with the 1GB or 2GB ram. Well the slow down of your laptop is due to the ram. Upgrade it and you will be able to solve your issue. While you are talking about the slow down of the process during the run of antivirus. Well let me tell you that slowing down of the process is common during the antivirus scan. So no need to worry about it.

Well if you are having a windows xp operating system. Then let me tell you 256 MB ram is the minimum requirement needed to run the windows xp operating system. So the best option would be to upgrade to the 2GB ram. The good ram manufacturers are Kingston, corsair, crucial etc. You can go with any of them. Also do remember to go with the DDR2 ram it is a much better option. So hope your all confusions are cleared out.

Well In order that you run your laptop without any issue. Then do ensure that you remove all the processes that you think that are not useful for you. The Norton runs in the background so that is bound to take some memory. Look out for some malwares or adwares In your system they will also hamper your systems speed. So these are the steps on the addition to the upgradation of the RAM in your system. So hope I have cleared out your confusion.

Hey thanks for the suggestion everyone. Let me tell you that I have got the necessary ram for my system. I have got a Kingston 2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM. Let me tell you my system speed has increased totally and now I can feel that I am actually working on a good laptop. Thanks for the extra inputs that you have given on how to increase the performance speed. Really appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue.