Thread: Overclocking Asus P5B system unstable

Overclocking Asus P5B system unstable

Hello So first my system:

Asus P5B-E
    Intel 6300 @ 2.1 GHz
    GEIL 1GB 800Mhz
    NT: 420Watt
    Geforce 6800 GS

So I want my CPU overclock. But if I only to 2.2 GHz it is equally unstable. And I just do not know why! From the temp is all in dark green. Lower full-load "only" 50-55 ° to 40-45 ° and Idle. Only when I had long been playing Battlefield 2 (have not yet tested in other games) the PC simply reboots. And I do not know why. Thought that I must raise the vcore or something (I have not so much about Overclocking) Only then did it rather did, because one can thus make the CPU very easily broken. Would have no benchmark = / nice if you could explain to me what must be followed exactly.

Re: Overclocking Asus P5B system unstable

I'm sorry but a sarcastic comment, I can not help I have the stove gets on, now do my fingers hurt how this could happen only. Naturally, the system becomes unstable if you are overclockers what you think That each CPU to 4GHz overclock is not that what happened. The temperatures are interested only just at all times because the CPU time is not now for this clock is built. So clock down or core voltage too high that means but, as you have already correctly identified, even higher power loss and reduced service life.

That was not my question. But I do think that the CPU has more power. 2.1 Ghz is a little bit. Some have even made it to 3Ghz or more! So I will certainly get more than 2Ghz back (And I would now ask for the v-core benchmarks. XCme across wrong. In order to raise the voltage of the chip from Windows, I have previously had no known solution. Another overclocking is then at least with this board probably nothing!

Well, you must not try to make it more than 2.1 GHz , make that other CPUs the presumption of all this bragging had my XP2500 + with minimum 2.4 Ghz to run, but it has been quiet hard to overclock to 2Ghz. When the CPU is at 2Ghz gets out you will have higher core voltage a little to align with, which should always be a last resort, much higher than 1.25 V, I would not go in person. Which clock is running for the RAM. You should make sure that it runs on 1:1 with the FSB.

What it the Ratio is 12:8 i meant to say that The CPU is currently at 2.1 Ghz stable at 55 ° full load and 1.3 vcore. I think I can easily make more than your recommendation of 1.25 v, because is set in bios what I can and my CPU defaults already ran 1.28 or 1.29. I have another question: How can I cpu in bios from my motherboard (P5B-E) to set the multiplier always from 6 to 7 and back again (see it in everest ultimate edition).

The default clock of the Core 2 Duo still depends on board at the 1:35 Volt! With 1.25 volts then yes you are anyway under the specifications and because you expect that the 1a runs. In addition, it may not on the CPU is, but perhaps not enough, the North Bridge voltage (VMCH) wins, and therefore your system breaks down. But I think that your temperatures are NEN C2D quite high, so you should be careful here and make improvements if necessary.