Thread: CPU Athlon to Phenom changed, system unstable ... (Crashed)

CPU Athlon to Phenom changed, system unstable ... (Crashed)

Previously had an Athlon X2 64 3800 + running on a Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 (BIOS update F8i) ... Rest of system: Graphic Card/ Gigabyte 9600GT, RAM Kingston Hyper X 1066 2GB 2 * (runs only at 800 rpm, (), power supply 450W Shakoon, as I said all fine. Now I wanted to NEN Phenom X4 switch 940 BE and in it since the CPU is the system is totally unstable! Suddenly it changes from new (no blue screen) and Boots, both in the operating system (with no load relatively unimportant) plunged from and when rebooting after. Temperature was always OK. More interesting as the Phenom X4 955 runs from a buddy back to normal ... ! Even with the "small" power supply. Does anyone have an idea? I am not able to find the reason behind this issue. I am sure that someone from your side will help me.

Re: CPU Athlon to Phenom changed, system unstable ... (Crashed)

Perhaps the X4 955 of your pals is indeed a 95W version. Then that would explain why your power supply would actually be to blame. Two new-fangled Phenom X4 microprocessors are approaching this quarter - model 955 with inferior power consumption, and business class processor B97. Both processors will be based on C3 core revision, and have 95-watt thermal design power. Other features of these models are not noticeable from older Phenom X4 955 models - 3.2 GHz core frequency, 4 x 512 KB L2 cache and L3 cache MB sixth Performance of new CPUs will be the identical as performance of accessible 955 models, although they will likely be accepted with overclocking crowd due to their much lower power debauchery. I for one do here before the answers no availability search. I know that there is a CPU and what is the status of delivery straight, I'm also interested not there. Next time get quite Samples / pre-release versions to end users, even if the parts are not even officially available.

Perhaps you should ask it then at least try, especially if it has any time made a BIOS reset recently or a Bios update. For the latest BIOS versions, especially since beta, there were enough problems here already. Perhaps it would help that, then if necessary, to switch to a previous BIOS version. The fact I had with my board too. And so different are not in their structure. One could also think of a fault in the CPU. Maybe even incorporate the buddy. Just because two identical CPUs (official) have TDP, that does not mean that they actually produce the same load. A 450W power supply from a pseudo-producer is generally ever suspect and should therefore be excluded as the first source of error. I think you got my point. Intermediate does not exist is not yet available and is a big difference. It may well be, happens to have such a CPU already received.

Should actually work. The Phenom X4 940 BE was running at me on a GA-MA790FX-DQ6 without any problem. Even with full occupancy 8GB (of course only 800Mhz memory voltage). The CPU is apparently not supported by the BIOS! Since helps just waiting for an appropriate BIOS! - Until then adjust all relevant voltages of the CPU manual (also possibly memory controller). Also according to CPU-list has been supporting the BIOS F7.

When running 955, the BIOS should actually be. But you can do that even once still on the safe side's latest update. Then a CMOS clear, BIOS (MIT menu) then the System Voltage Control to manual and save it. It is conceivable that the 940BE not get along with the Ram. The 955BE is there has been quite different, even a combined controller for DDR2 and DDR3 memory controller as well as at higher clock. Since AMD has apparently revised some of it again. If you have problems after the above still the computer most times with only one Ram. If your Ram or similar techniques XMP supported, it could be that it is operated with the 940BE at 1066MHz. Comes so rarely clear, while the 955 looks better there. At MIT, the BIOS menu's since the AutoXpress menu where you can disable it. The Ram will run not on the OC profile, but on the SPD standard.