Thread: L3 Cache in Athlon II X4 640 is Unstable

L3 Cache in Athlon II X4 640 is Unstable

I presently purchased an Athlon II x4 640 which comes devoid of L3 cache. On the other hand, it has come to my hearing that, if the control processing unit is coded then subsequently it will locked L3 cache. Hence for that reason , I unlocked the L3 cache and in addition to it got identified in the Basic Input Output System. Although, the system reboots after the POST message ,right subsequent to booting into the Operating System. Any help people. Thanks in advance.

Re: L3 Cache in Athlon II X4 640 is Unstable

Well it must be booting when you do not have the L3 cache enabled Theres no free lunch in this world buddy. Its sold as a Athlon II X4 for the reason that when producing the Phenom, there's also production faults;. When that happens, let say they made a CPU with unstable L3 they sell out as per the Athlon X4. In case the core is Unstable the it is equal to selling as the triple core . Hence, they can continue to produce currency, as straightforward as that.

Hey mate thanks a lot for such a fast reply. To be very honest I did not expect such a fast reply. Really blown away. I would like to imply that yes, it indeed boots when L3 is disabled, however it will be great to encompass L3 cache as a bonus .Hence, for that reason there are huge chances that there may be no L3 for me. However, if there is something that may work, please let me know. Thank You once again.

Your core is essentially a Phenom that ineffective the grade, consequently they locked that part of the core off and sold it as a more basic model. I consider the majority Control Processing Units are completed similar to this. Its locked for a cause at the end of the day, a enormous percentage of the time, it does not function. If you wish for the L3, acquire a Phenom. I am not certain how much dissimilarity it makes mind, having never made use of a Athlon X4..