Thread: Both Client and Server OS Compatibility

Both Client and Server OS Compatibility

Dear All,

I have purchased Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (2.93 Ghz), DDR2 2 GB RAM and DG41CN Intel Motherboard. My Problem is when I want to install 2 OS, i.e. both Windows 7 client OS and Windows 2003 server OS, this motherboard or any Intel Desktop motherboards do not support Windows Server 2003 installation.

Please suggest me a motherboard, ASUS, Gigabyte and any other which is Compatible to both Windows 7 client OS and Windows 2003 server OS.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Both Client and Server OS Compatibility

Before jumping on another motherboard, I would like you to suggest some points. To obtain servers that were installed previously, working with Windows 7 you will need to unwind the security settings.
    1. First go to the Control Panel. Then Administrative Tools >> Local Security Policy >> Local Policies >> Security Options.
    2. Network security: LAN Manager authentication level. Set to Send LM & NTLM responses only. (This is an important thing).
    3. Set Minimum session security for NTLM SSP.
    4. Disable Require 128-bit encryption.
    By using the registry and the group policy editor, you can also regulate these settings. You will find more helpful information on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc960646.aspx. If your problem gets solved by these methods, that means I have saved your money...

Re: Both Client and Server OS Compatibility

Thanks for your prompt reply. I didnt get you as I am unaware of these Techs.

Some others have told me to try, by changing BIOS settings and by installing corporate licensed windows server 2003 where I work..

In both I failed.. Also, after this try, I looked up for the OS compatibility for DG41 CN in Intel website where they have given below statements:

Some desktop boards include features that are supported only under certain operating systems.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or 2008*: IntelĀ® Desktop Boards do not currently support Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or 2008*. There are no plans for making drivers available for this operating system.

So, you please suggest me a Motherboard that it is compatible to both Windows 7 and Windows server 2003?

I heard, that ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS supports both. Is that true? Will you recommend it?