Thread: Intel Core i7-860 builds with very high CPU temperature

Intel Core i7-860 builds with very high CPU temperature

I have an DELL laptop with windows 7 as the operating system and a recently build Intel Core i7 860 processor. The issue is that the CPU temperature is very high. Whether I am using stock cooler or Scythe Ninja 2/Thermal right Ultra-120 Extreme. Also using Prime95 to generate full load on all cores with the stock cooler at stock frequency (2.93GHz is the Turbo mode). The temperature is ~85C , and got 62C after switch on to Ultra-120 Extreme. although these temperatures still seem a little high considering the good coolers, they would be okay for stock operation. My CPU full loads at ~81C at 3.5GHz and 1.24V. Any suggestion on this issue to fall down the temperature

Re: Intel Core i7-860 builds with very high CPU temperature

One reason of this problem may that, the CPU dies by a the bad contact with the heat spreader or your temperature sensors is not working as intended. The coolers also do not get as hot as they should be if the CPU really output enough heat to reach 80+C (and assuming good contact). I guess I could claim that the CPU actually gets 10-15C hotter than the maximum allowed temp (which is ~73C according to Intel builders).
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

You should check your CPU temperature heat by software’s like Core Temp or Real Temp (which used to measures the core temperature of the chips tends to be very accurate, especially when it at at full load). A unique number is designed by the system builders which is used to make sure their selection of case fans, etc. (Suppose like, 73C number in the Intel specs is not a core temperature rating. It's a TCase rating which is measured at the geometric center of your HIS). The TCase temperature so your actual TCase temperature, which is within spec when running Prime95. That also gives you a good idea of how quickly heat dissipates

Intel includes heatsink which is light to keep their customer quiet, because they know that the majority of their customers are more concerned about how perfect their computer is and not the core temperature while running Prime 95.If you are over clocking and your computer is running 100% stable and you are not thermal throttling then you can pretty much ignore your core temperature