Thread: GA-X58A-UD5 and Intel i7-930 not booting

GA-X58A-UD5 and Intel i7-930 not booting

I have a very annoying problem with my GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard and the i7-930 and the problem is that it is not booting. If my USB mouse is connected, then the system is not booting at all. The splash screen of the mainboard on top of the options below appears, and then nothing happened for a few moments and then restarts the system. Before that is still the unique "Okay, beep" is given. If I am disconnecting the mouse Windows 7 is powered up, it's no longer a problem. I have already updated the firmware of the mouse, and the BIOS, but the problem persists. Someone has an idea why this might be?

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 and Intel i7-930 not booting

Just check the changes that you have done in BIOS or if windows is launched? On Windows, an attack of the savings functions, it just leaved alone. Try to do a BIOS reset and try again then. If that also does not solve the problem then the thing you have to check the BIOS "optimized Settings" set and again. I am sure that this will definitely solve your problem.

I enabled in the BIOS before Windows 7 install the AHCI mode. Windows 7 Installation and everything else without any problem, I have the Rchner last night put into hibernation. Today, after waking up: by the BIOS after POST error (Error occurred, disc error) etc. Several studies (clamping of the "classical HDDs), and so did not solved this problem. Once the boot has even worked out (the SSD and a single HDD on ICH10R) but it was not reproducible. Then again was no longer possible to boot in AHCI Mode! Even if I have the SSD with a brand new WD HDD plug in together. Can you suggest any solution for this problem?

Gigabyte OCZ has released two b-Bios available for testing. I have installed from OCZ for my board now, "F7X. The SSD Firmware Update from 1.10 to 1.11 worked without problems. The SMART-selection BIOS has solved the problem that I was facing. If you are having the same problem then it will be better if you try the same thing.

As with older boards that will be - So775, AM2, etc? Updates will come as well? Personally I have no SSD, as I because of the high prices only come once the new controller at the end of this year - wait they will release this then finally make a decision. However, I see no need for my Q9550 and a P45 to moths, which reaches yet a long time.

Somehow the fault runs through various boards. I have a "Torqx M28 128GB 2.5". In a computer, Board GA-X48-DQ6, I always get the smart command fail, no matter what port or mode I use. When GA-X58A-UD7 contrast, Torx runs without problems, it is now on the board or on the SSD. I hope you have got the thing that I am trying to convey.

I can only say that the SSD (Corsair Force 120) runs perfectly, if 1st in IDE mode on ICH10R (only more slowly, writing a clear break rates, compared with ICH10R) 2nd Marvel at the controller (only slower write rates break a substantially) I have now all in the BIOS controller (ICH10R, Marvel and Gigabyte SATA) are on AHCI. It works now and only if the SSD depends on Marvel. Not fast and not so pretty, but it is transitional. I have boat during my tests I also had occasional reports in the POST, the SMART is not anything wrong, but then so had the boats not work anyway. In short, the Gigabyte board when total spin is a sand Force SSD on ICH10R, and AHCI is enabled.