Cpu does not turn on Please help

Hi, i need a little help.

.i have intel core 2 du0

946gzis 1.8gz.
    1gb X 2 ram 667mhz
    250 gb sata
    ati radeon 4350 1 gb xfx graphics....
    recently im facing a strange problem.
    .. when ever i turn off the pc and remove the power cord...and then plug it on. then when i press the start button of ups..it does not start initially... but the llight LED on mther board near ram slots is on... i dnt know whats wrong... but after 30 minutes it gets on after pressing the button hundred of times..PLEASE help.......

Re: cpu does not turn on....plz help

It seems to be a problem with overheating or maybe a loose wire connection or either the power supply going bad. If you enter the BIOS, when you start the computer, then go to the hardware monitor page, does the 3.3V readout give the low voltage readings there as well? If anything is below the readout then you will have to replace the power supply.

everything is fine.......... power supply and stuff...dnt know whats wrong

Once you are able to On the PC than the first thing you should try is to flash and update the BIOS. You can check the manufacturer's site for the updated version. If the problem still persists than there is possibility that your CPU is or getting dead soon. You will need to change the CPU, but before that you can confirm it by connecting some another from any of your friend.

how to udate bios>?... is it safe.?. i recently got new ram and gaphics card.... its running fine .its been 18 days....

Have you tried resetting the CMOS battery? The link below is to Intel's support & download page for your board. They have all the drivers, firmware(update that since it's an older board) and documentation.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...%22D946GZIS%22

heyya...today i put my computer to sleep..... and then it dint recover and the mouse lights and cpu turn on light started blinking for like 10 minutes then i restrat it manually and restored the window with a new start,,i dont know what the **** is going on...some one please be precise..and help///

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name ARFAN-PC
    System Manufacturer HCL Infosystems Limited
    System Model DESKTOPS
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. TS94610J.86A.0077.2007.0403.1030, 4/3/2007
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name Arfan-PC\Arfan
    Time Zone India Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.40 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 3.99 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 3.12 GB
    Page File Space 2.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

why it doesnt restart in the first go..it takes aroung 20minutes to start.... and the mother board light gets on instantly but the cpu turns on after 20minutes

Quote Originally Posted by asif2323 View Post
    why it doesnt restart in the first go..it takes aroung 20minutes to start.... and the mother board light gets on instantly but the cpu turns on after 20minutes
    Your hardware doesn't seems faulty but i would like to know which operating system are you using ? There are many threads made here regarding the same problem like monitor won't wakeup after sleep or even CPU doen't work after the sleep mode. Abyways, what i will suggest you is just go through the following threads, hope you'll get some solution for sure, depending upon your operating system:
    Windows 7 doesn't wake from sleep
    Windows 7 network doesn't work after sleep
    XP Won't Wake Up from Hibernate
    Monitor Going To Sleep and won't wake up
    Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

thanks but it wont help..im using win 7 since 8 months and doesno t face any problem.... might be power usage....but cmos is fine...do i need to upgrade my bios?

paare Guest

Use trial and addition.firstly just have mbo ,cpu and 1 ram stick pluged to u r psu.see if it runs .if yes add hdd,2nd dimm,optical drives lastly gcard. See which causes problem.

hi... finalyygotthe solution.... SMPS is faulty....so the new slim smps costs rupees 3000.... and normal 500w costs rs 900...so i changed m cabinet and things aregood now...but now my pc hangs lttle bit as i instalednew win 7... now the problem is i have intel graphics 256mb and ati radeon 4350 1 gb... eairlier both driversweretheir.... but nowijust installed ati drivers. so the green blue and red colour ompositin was not asit was before ..please help/// and my ati graphics wizard hangs often...

Download Driver Magician, by searching it from google, that will help you uninstall graphics drivers easily. You can use it to uninstall video driver or driver of non-present devices, such as ATI driver and NVIDIA driver. To begin to uninstall drivers after installing Driver Magician do the following listed below:

• Click Tools/Uninstall Drivers in the menu bar, the 'Uninstall Drivers' window appears.
    • Select device drivers you want to uninstall in the list box.
    • Click the 'Uninstall' button, Driver Magician will uninstall them automatically.

help

hi.. i have another problem.... my system shows dx diag of direct x 11..as im using windows 7 32bit .... now my video card has diret x version of dx9c.... will it make any conflicts in the processes and shader support would be affecting.... kindly hel// i would also like to know is thei any way to downgrade to 9c... if not would direct x 11 support dx9. thnx

For your information you cannot downgrade on Windows 7 as it has inbuilt Direct X 11 application. But you can make installation of DirectX 9. You can get the download by clicking on the link and make a separate installation of the same. It will be better for you. So do check out and then make the possible changes which will be better for you. Do look for it and then make the implementation.

paare Guest

Re: Cpu does not turn on Please help

u r card supports dx9c .the algorithm of dx 11 and 9c are to some extent similar(main stream) except newer blocks like tesselator,hull shader ,etc are newer.so a dx9c programmed gpu will simply skip these OR in other words u wont see the true beauty of dx 11. but it can run dx11 games without any problem.
    also in the 3dmark 2006 and other gamming benchmarks xp still beats 7(though by minor margin)but then if we consider a weaker gpu even minor points do matter