Thread: DG33FB / DG33BU Wrong Cpu Compatibility table

DG33FB / DG33BU Wrong Cpu Compatibility table

I have old pc which comes with intel motherboard DG33BU. I am not sure about the exact model number. I got a sticker which says it as Intel intel DG33FB. I am using it with Dual core processor. Now am planning to upgrade the same. I had added a cpu just for testing from my friends pc. Everything starts correctly, the only problem is the temperature of the Southbridge which climbs slowly to 82 ° C after 10 minutes, leaving just turned on the pc box open. The temperature reading is done directly in the bios. I think CPU might not be compatible with the motherboard. I need some help regarding the compatibility cpu for this board.

Re: DG33FB / DG33BU Wrong Cpu Compatibility table

It is possible that the southbridge is not in contact and I doubt that you want the dismount by yourself and get a new motherboard. Try to put some heatsink and fit the processor finely and then check out. The worst is that the temperature rises to around 83 fully open so that says that your system is getting overheated. I think you might need to disassemble the cpu fan or get a new one.

There was a bit different scene in my case. I replaced the battery of my motherboard. It is the cmos battery. Support from Intel told me that the maximum temperature of the southbridge can be around 92 ° C so the values shown therefore can be normal. Get a good fan for the same. I am providing you a manual for Intel DG33FB motherboard. Refer this for compatibility information.
    Intel DG33FB Manual.

The Intel DG33FB motherboard is compatible with Intel Core Quad processor, Intel Core2 Duo processor, Intel Pentium processor and Intel Celeron processor. You can add up anyone of this and use the same on your system. You can contact intel for further more upgrade option. Don't try to put any new hardware without proper information this can be dangerous for both.

Have you overclocked the processor by increasing the frequency of the bus. If yes then redo the tests with normal values of gear. In this case do you use the integrated card on your system. If yes then remove that and then again check the same. I would recommend you for finding a way to better cooling the chipset. That can be done either by changing the radiator for a heatpipe system or adding up a good ventilation.

It is due to improper fitting also. You might need to see that the cpu is properly fitted or not. So I disassembled everything disconnected the wire removed all the dust. But by fitting the fan back to its place the voice is lowered down a little. I noticed that there was at the back of the fan full of stems of all small to return full of small holes. I had to force a bit because some of its stems are twisted.

Both the motherboard Intel DG33FB / DG33BU has a similar configuration. So of them is going to support similar hardware. What I know is that a Intel Core2 Quad processor in an LGA775 socket with a 1066 MHz system bus will work on this and that is the only last upgrade you can add. Other than this if you try to put a higher processor then that does not support.

The motherboards which you are asking for are equipped with LGA 775 socket. It is a Intel G33 Express Chipset which supports Dual Channel DDR2 800/667 MHz of memory support. So you can try out to look for some relevant hardware upgrade for the system. You can search for a manual for this board on the official site of intel. Read the configuration and then go for the upgrade.