Thread: Intel DX58SO Video Problem

Intel DX58SO Video Problem

I found the model number of my motherboard which is Intel DX58SO. I bought this board sometime before but now I got a chance to build up my pc. I have a nVidia 7900GT card which I want to add to this system. I had bought one more 7900GT GPU so that I can use them on SLI. But I am not aware weather this motherboard supports SLI or not. I had connected first for testing and there was no display.

Re: Intel DX58SO Video Problem

If you change your video card or if this is a new setup then some your system does not correctly detect your hardware you can install another video driver for that. Right click on my computer and then click on properties. Then go in settings and click the Advanced button. In the window that appears, click the Adapter tab, then click the Edit button. Click next and check Display a list of all drivers. You can see drivers here.

The only solution for finding out proper specification is therefore going through the certification system of NVIDIA. In previous rumors indicated as well that Intel was about to give out some official support on the SLI technology on the now available motherboard DX58SO. But then there was nothing out in the market. You can checkout the official site for furthermore information.

There are two ways you can find out that your motherboard model is equipped or supports X58 chipset is SLI either. The first is that it can be certified by NVIDIA motherboard and the second way is that it will come with embedded nForce 200 chipset. The X58 motherboard for Intel is also called DX58SO which is of course chipset nForce 200.

Better after connecting the cards update the video drivers on your system. The driver installation is usually very simple and rarely causes problems. Virtually all devices come with a CD-ROM which contains the correct driver and user manual often unnecessary simply insert the CD and follow the instructions. Much of the devices are recognized by Windows itself. Don't forget to enable bios function.

The newer graphic card require new drivers to provide extreme graphics performance. Updating your graphics drivers may improve to some extent the performance of your graphics card. Also, some games require the latest drivers installed to boot. Except in special cases it is unnecessary to update the driver for your printer or your webcam, microphone, mouse etc.

The motherboard which you mentioned has a socket 1366 to house the first Core i7 marketed, six slots for triple channel DDR3 RAM slots and three PCI Express 16-lane (one is wired in 8-channel) devices CrossFire and SLI. A PCI Express 4 lane, another 1-way and two conventional PCI slots are also available. A total of 10 Serial ATA connectors, a small digital display diagnostic dual BIOS and buttons start and reset are also arranged on the blue PCB.