Thread: Video for changing RAM on iMac

Video for changing RAM on iMac

I am not having any idea how to change the RAM on iMac. So instead of searching on web, I thought that you guys could be helpful for me in this topic. It would be better if you give me a link of the video that shows about changing RAM on iMac, so that it would be much useful for me to change the RAM of an iMac. Also it would be helpful for me if you provide some information about the same in simple language. Hoping that someone hanging out there will send some reply me soon.!!

Re: Video for changing RAM on iMac

The iMac (early 2006) has two slots for SDRAM located on the bottom. The iMac comes with at least 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM installed in the top slot. (The computer can be equipped with more RAM in upper slot or RAM in the bottom slot, depending on the computer that you ordered from Apple.) The iMac (Mid 2006) comes with at least 512 MB of DDR2 SDRAM in two memory DIMMs of 256 MB, one in each of memory locations. The maximum amount of RAM you can install on the iMac (early 2006), iMac (Mid 2006) and iMac (17-inch late 2006 CD) is 2GB (one SO-DIMM memory 1 GB in each of two locations). The maximum amount of RAM you can install on models of iMac (Late 2006) other than mentioned above is 4 GB (one SO-DIMM 2GB in both locations) but the computer only use 3GB maximum.

When you install a DIMM SDRAM in your computer, press the DIMM up into the slot with your thumbs. Do not eject clips DIMM. You may damage the SDRAM DIMMs if you try to push it into the site with videos of ejection. To install the memory in the bottom slot, follow these steps :
    1. Turn off your computer: the Apple menu, choose Shut Down.
    2. Unplug all cables from the iMac, as well as its power cord.
    3. Place a towel or a clean soft cloth on the desk or other surface to avoid scratching the LCD. Hold the sides of the computer and put it carefully face down.
    4. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the access door to the memory in the iMac.
    5. Remove the access door and set it aside.
    6. Put the clip eject the memory DIMM in the open position.
    7. Insert your memory SO-DIMMs in the bottom slot, while keeping in mind the orientation of the RAM SO-DIMM.
    8. Once inserted, press the DIMM up into the slot with your thumbs. Do not use clips ejections DIMM DIMM for driving. You may damage the SDRAM DIMM if you try to push it into the site with videos of ejection. You hear a slight click when the memory is seated correctly. After many nested close clips ejection.
    9. Replace the access door to the memory.
    10. Raise the iMac in its normal upright position, and reconnect the power cord and other cables. Ready to start your computer.

The steps that are mentioned by the 'MattyBoy' are very simple and easy to follow. I am telling this because it is very difficult to find the video of changing RAM on iMac. So it would be better that instead of searching the video you try it for yourself with the help of the mentioned steps. If you want to view some images related to it then you can check the official site of an Apple(iMac). I hope that now you will able to fix your RAM.

The new iMacs are beautiful machines with a number of interest is the presence of four memory locations, for inflating the device with up to 16 GB of RAM. Apple offers a step to make a change of piece - of DDR3 1066MHz. Nothing really new for owners of iMac aluminum but a welcomed relief nonetheless. I think that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HItmfxorPqk will definitely help you. In my opinion, there are only two free slots for expansion and already used two series internally. If so, like the hard drive, the choice of onboard RAM will be crucial.

To change the Ram an Intel iMac (24 inch) must go through a pro when you can do is the same? Not much rocket science, but must actually remove the battery AND the hood. The screws are not all identical, so even when we classify everything apart. You need a Phillips head screws along well with your and possibly a small screwdriver to gently play the slots when trying to remove the bars so as not to finger **** around and do not overdo. I thought for a moment with my computer it played on autonomy, but frankly it seems that it remains in the non-visible. I let myself be fooled by the fact that I had not realized that the computer in standby consumes more than powerbooks, and I thought at one time it was the RAM. But I have reinstalled and still the same consolidated. So it is theoretically but practically nothing is seen.

You need a Phillips head screws along well with your and possibly a small screwdriver to gently play the slots when trying to remove the bars. I thought for a moment with my computer it played on autonomy, but frankly it seems that it remains in the non-visible. I let myself be fooled by the fact that I had not realized that the computer in standby consumes more than powerbooks, and I thought at one time it was the RAM. But I have reinstalled and still the same consolidated. So it is theoretically but practically nothing is seen. With 2GB I quite often apps that were slow to emerge because they were released from the RAM in the meantime by other applications.