Thread: New build - XP install problem

New build - XP install problem

Hello guys !

I am in trouble when getting ready to install Windows XP,During Installation It occur some error message like :
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000010, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80523E78)

It says me disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing within above error.What I need to do in this case,please find out the problem and give me some solutions to face this problem.

New build - XP install problem

New build - XP install problem :

You are going to install the windows XP in your system and it occur some error regarding BIOS setting and you are unable to find out any options there to solve your problems.

Actually the problem is not regarded to the BIOS,The BIOS representing the requirements of RAM memory of your computer system.You should assign me the exact configuration of your computer system.Then the problem can be solved very clearly but I think the problem that you are specifying here that is related to the RAM memory problem.

Re: New build - XP install problem

This behavior can occur if there is incompatible hardware or an incompatible device driver on your computer. I would suggest you to go ahead and format the harddrive completely and then try to install windows xp on it. I mean delete all the partitions and then recreate the partition.

RAM causing the XP installation problem

RAM causing the XP installation problem :

Marthaz said very right,I also thinking the problem that you put here.The RAM is occurring error because the RAM that you are using may be culprit.

It requires some adjustment of Voltage for RAM.You BIOS memory is conducting check operation for voltage fluctuation against RAM.The proper power is not supplied to the RAM so it is occurring this type of message.

If you are going to install a 32bit version of XP with a lot of RAM space then the you need to care about the XP has a limitation of using 3.2 GB RAM for single system.

RAM memory deduction problem

RAM memory deduction problem :

In case,If you have have 4GB of RAM and it shows only 3.5 GB and rest of 0.5GB has been deducted.But the problem is that It is consuming 0.5GB of RAM how would I recover it again.To solve this problem you need to care about these things.

If you have on board graphics chip which is built with your motherboard instead of a plug-in graphics card then the rest of memory is being used by on board graphics chip in case when this hardware don't have any extra memory for functioning.That would be the reason to occupying rest of 0.5GB memory of RAM.

Upgradation of Processor or RAM

Up-gradation of Processor or RAM :
    You can upgrade your RAM and Processor both but the question here is that to make the performance of System better which component would be used to upgrade.

You can upgrade the performance of system using both but processor makes the performance much better than RAM.The RAM makes the performance 30% and processor increases with 70%.