Thread: How do I replace the motherboard in the Gateway FX400XL Desktop

How do I replace the motherboard in the Gateway FX400XL Desktop

hi,
    I just purchased Gateway FX400XL Desktop computer.I have installed window vista operating system.It has is Intel PentiumĀ® 4 processor.Actually i want to remove motherboard from my system because it is not well supporting to my system.And i want to replace the Motherboard from my system but i don't have enough idea about that.So any one tell me how do i remove and replace the motherboard in the Gateway FX400XL Desktop ?

Re: How do I replace the motherboard in the Gateway FX400XL Desktop

Firstly if you want to remove the motherboard from system,turn off the computer.After that disconnect power cord and cable. Note every
    Connection location for later use.Remove right side panal,inside it and remove all add-in card. Disconnect all power and cable connection
    to motherboard.After that lift motherboard and tray out of the case.After that replace the motherboard,align the motherboard on its tray in
    the case and then close the motherboard release latch to move the motherboard into the installation position.That connect all power
    Connection like past.

In Gateway FX400XL Desktop computer a dual-layer DVD+/-RW burner available.It has also a DVD-ROM drive and seven-in-one Media card reader, 250GB hard drives as well as you can also installed it window vista operating system.Turn off the computer and remove the right side panel,for the removal of that panel just leave the thumbscrew.And leave outside as well as remove all-add-in card , leave pci express card.After that remove the air duct ,disconnect the cable after that pull duct up and out of case.After that disconnect all cable and connection related to mother board, after that Lift the motherboard release latch it tray slides toward the front of the case.lift both motherboard and as same replace to system. Make sure for the replacement of that motherboard necessity that remove previous one

For the replacement of the motherboard ,firstly remove old one.After that align the motherboard on its tray in the case,after that close the mother board release latch to move the motherboard into installation position,When you installed motherboard then connect all power connection and cable to the motherboard.After that replace all air duct,add-in cards,right side panel at the end of replace device connect power connection and cable and finally turn on the computer.Your motherboard remove and replacement process has been done..

A motherboard is also known as main board or system board.A mother board is the central printed circuit board which is also known as PCB in computers and holds many of the crucial components of the system.Most modern motherboard designs use a BIOS,when your system is not working well or running slow that time need a remove and replace the motherboard.Before the replace of motherboard ,you need firstly remove previous one, turn off the computer remove air duct,add-in card and right side panel then install new motherboard at same place and connect all cable and devices which is connected to motherboard.