Thread: Asus EN9800GT motherboard support

Asus EN9800GT motherboard support

Hi,
    In the field of graphics cards, making a choice is not easy like how much memory, what brand, etc. But a friend of mine recommend me one card which he is using. I am not sure about graphic cards. But I know one thing that I will need a good gpu. Then Asus EN9800GT can be a good choice but only after determining the working and performance of the same.

Re: Asus EN9800GT motherboard support

For those who are wondering, the BIOS of the motherboard has been updated with the latest beta version to ensure support for 45nm CPU. You have to note down that some boards really gives trouble. The temperatures observed can vary depending on your case. Cards with identical architecture, it was unnecessary to make too many tests that ultimately reach the same
    conclusions.

Nothing distinguishes this graphics card against a model of 9800 GT, except a heat sink and modified specifically for this card called Gladiator Fansink. At connection, it is equipped with 2 DVI ports and an S-Video, nothing very surprising either. Even if it is based on the same chipset as its opponent, the appearance is totally different. The first difference in ergonomics is the presence of a sink fitted with heat-pipes and occupying the entire length of the card.

Yes that is correct Asus EN9800GT has a different look with something new in it. The connector automatically includes an HDMI output, SPDIF port, and as usual one DVI and S-Video. The PCB and the large black heatsink give the card a pest that looks not displease some. With a DVI to HDMI at least the HDMI port is already integrated into the card. I would like to find a HDMI to DVI adapter to enable dual screen with a screen with HDMI input by.

From a technical standpoint, this graphics card features the system developed by Asus EPU, which aims to reduce energy consumption up to 80%. In practice, this can dynamically regulate the voltage map. Thus in 2D, ie in the desktop Windows and most applications, the frequencies of the card (GPU and memory) and the tension of these two components decreases. Another interesting point in this mode the heatsink works in passive mode: the fan turns off and leaves room for only one sink for removing heat which ensures no noise.

With the Matrix model, overclocking is completely different. Indeed, thanks to software It tracks cited above, it will be possible to change one part of the frequency and fan speed, but also the tensions of the GPU and memory through the UPR system board! This seems at first sight interesting. On the Asus website, it is specified that the GPU frequency can be increased to 750MHz, but this varies depending on the cards. Indeed, we 50MHz below expectations.