Thread: Frequency fluctuation shown in CoreTemp

Frequency fluctuation shown in CoreTemp

The processor frequency on my i7 920 is fluctuating in Core Temp. It bounces back and forth between my 3800.00 overclock and 2400.00. I have checked it many times that turbo and speed step are disabled in my bios. I have opened realtemp, cpu-z, and core temp at the same time and only core temp seems to show the flux. Any problem with it?

Re: Frequency fluctuation shown in CoreTemp

Quote Originally Posted by System_Screwer View Post
    The processor frequency on my i7 920 is fluctuating in Core Temp. It bounces back and forth between my 3800.00 overclock and 2400.00. I have checked it many times that turbo and speed step are disabled in my bios. I have opened realtemp, cpu-z, and core temp at the same time and only core temp seems to show the flux. Any problem with it?
    Hey, Yes! Even i am having the same problem can anyone help me too with it? Also only CoreTemp shows such fluctuations. HAs anybody apart from two of us has experienced this? Please reply Thanks!

I was curious if I had to tweak something in Windows 7 that was overriding speed step being disabled. I should say I CoreTemp is easy to use. I think it is by far the best temperature activity monitor tool available. I especially like how well the gadget integrates and also the the overheat protection feature. I set it to 150 degree C and it definitely powered down on my 6GHz 1.92 volt overclock...

There is something you could try regarding frequency. You could try using the "Use alt. frequency detection" in the settings window, it may give you accurate readings that way. Also i think there is some bug with CoreTemp as it is seems like it doesn't read core i7 temperatures accurately. But still try the settings and do post back.

Well, in 2010, Core i9 is supposed to be releasing. So how can CoreTemp not yet updated the software version for Core i7 support and no bug fixes till date? I think i should download the latest version all over again. I hope this helps me, else i need to post back.