Thread: Incorrect DRAM Frequency

Incorrect DRAM Frequency

Recently i had noticed that my My FSB : DRAM ratio is 4 : 3 because of the RAM running at 269 Mhz. If i check out my RAM frequency it goes around 333 Mhz, which would be closer to the 1 : 1 ratio. The only thing I see in the BIOS that seems to go with this would be the DRAM Frequency setting, which is set to Auto. It seems to be that it's showing me the wrong DRAM Frequency on my system. Can any body tell me that why it shows me wrong dram frequency? What i need to do in order to correct it? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Incorrect DRAM Frequency

You don't need to change anything. Different boards have different bios's so it is hard for me to tell what your options will be in there and if you are able to select different dividers or not. Unlike an Intel-based system, the memory controller of an Athlon 64-based systems is integrated to the CPU.

Because of this built-in memory controller, you don't have to worry about FSB: DRAM synchronization. As far as timings, once in windows, run CPU-Z and check out the SPD tab. You can set your timings according to that. You can even experiment with them by lowering one at a time and trying them out. Your system does not have an FSB leading to an external memory controller. Maybe you got a good stick and can run at lower timings, but not too likely with value ram.

DDR2 is calculated by taking the memory speed in MHz, and multiplying it by 2. Try booting with 1 stick in set at 533Mhz. Auto should set the RAM according to the SPD on the module, so changing should only be required if the speed is misdetected, or if attempting to overclock the memory.

johnswhite Guest

Hi...
    I have some information regarding Incorrect DRAM frequency... First, the disclaimer - this is going to be a little bit like "Pin The Tail on the Donkey". We may get lucky and we might not, but it's worth taking a stab at it. Should you wind up unbootable, you'll have to pull your CMOS battery for 20-30 minutes to reset CMOS as I don't think this board has a CMOS jumper. If this happens, please note that you will then (after clearing CMOS) need to reset everything in your BIOS (date, drives, boot order, memory & etc.).