Thread: Dual EVGA GTX 460's sli is getting freeze when playing games

Dual EVGA GTX 460's sli is getting freeze when playing games

I am having Dual EVGA GTX 460's sli and the problem that I am facing is that when I am running game like Saints Row the Third, Skyrim, STALKER call of Pripyat etc than the game gets freeze in between and then I have to restart the machine I have tried out the 290.36 beta drivers as well but then it is not making any difference is there anything else that I can try out to get it working??

Re: Dual EVGA GTX 460's sli is getting freeze when playing games

I am having Dual EVGA GTX 460's sli and the problem that I am facing is that when I am running game like Saints Row the Third, Skyrim, STALKER call of Pripyat etc than the game gets freeze in between and then I have to restart the machine I have tried out the 290.36 beta drivers as well but then it is not making any difference is there anything else that I can try out to get it working??
    Before I suggest you about the same I just wanted to know that are you facing this issue with specific games like this or for every game that you play, also post the your system specification of your system so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing??

I am not having issue with all the games but then I have the above ones, I am not having issues with the Battlefield 3, the system specification is as followed:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
    • 8 GB G Skillz ddr2-800 ram
    • two EVGA GeForce GTX460 SSC+ Graphics Card w/ Backplate
    • ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
    • Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card
    • 850 watt power supply

In that case you can try to switch back to the old drivers and see if it is making any difference, probably try out the 285.62 nvidia driver, just install it and then let me know what response you are getting.

After your suggestion I have tried out the 285.62 nvidia driver but then when I crossed checked it with the saints row as well as the Skyrim but then they are still crashing on ultra settings, other than this I have found that the screen blacks out and the video signal gets lost, in my case I am playing the game on 1920x1080 full screen, I have just checked out the temps and they were reaching 53 degree but then with the game running it is reaching 69 degree, now this is really confusing me, and I am not able to find out if it is having software issue or hardware issue.

Just check out the "Administrative Events in Event viewer" which will be in the control panel and check out if there is any error information, I was facing the same with the Battlefield3 but then it was with the Multiplayer only and in my case it was InteL_Hardware issue but then reinstalling the os has solved the issue in my case, I am not sure of you might be having the same case, just post the error information so that I can check it out and try to help you as well.