Thread: iplayer not showing BBC HD channel in Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503

iplayer not showing BBC HD channel in Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503

HI, i have Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 and in that i have installed this BBC iplayer application in the TV but as the title implies i am not able to get the BBC HD channels in the TV however. beneath an FAQ on the tv iplayer it says you can't access HD programs on this version of iplayer and along with that the worst thing is like i cannot observe all current films which are obtainable on IPlayer as compared to whilst accessed on my PC. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

Re: iplayer not showing BBC HD channel in Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503

Are you sure as the BBC iplayer application that you have installed in your TV is working fine? Because i think there could be some problem with the application itself that you have installed rather than any other things.

Are you sure as the BBC iplayer application that you have installed in your TV is working fine? Because i think there could be some problem with the application itself that you have installed rather than any other things.
    No doubt there is some problem with the application installed, but still this is only because of the application version nothing more than that. In fact as mentioned in the question itself “you can't access HD programs on this version of iplayer”..so this is simply refer to the application version only.

According to me you should first make sure whether you have installed the correct rather newer version of the application, and if you find that the version is older so simply update the application first and then test this thing again.

Yeah i do have the same opinion as the above user as you need to get the most recent version of this application in fact there must be dissimilar version of Sony I Player out.

Because in my case I can't perceive BBC HD on my NX503 moreover, but I can, on Iplayer accessed through my Sony Blu Ray Player!

Yeah i do have the same opinion as the above user as you need to get the most recent version of this application in fact there must be dissimilar version of Sony I Player out.

Because in my case I can't perceive BBC HD on my NX503 moreover, but I can, on Iplayer accessed through my Sony Blu Ray Player!
    At the extent to i know BBC haven't up till now enabled HD playback for the Freesat version of iPlayer and which is essentially what the 2010’s devices make use of and whereas in you case Blu-rays utilizes a dissimilar version which is why its able to be seen on one and not the other.

At the extent to i know BBC haven't up till now enabled HD playback for the Freesat version of iPlayer and which is essentially what the 2010’s devices make use of and whereas in your case Blu-rays utilizes a dissimilar version which is why its able to be seen on one and not the other.
    So you mean to say the TV’s that actually launched in the year 2010 must be having older firmware and the Iplayer that we get with it will be obviously the older version. So if suppose we’re getting any newer firmware update to the TV then is it possible to see those high definition channels on Iplayer, and according to me it should be possible as far as just a firmware version it concerned.

Another thing that i would like to share with you guys is like I contacted BBC iplayer support before sometime and they said it would turn up towards the end of this year(hope for the best). They referred to it as roll out of the big screen version of the iplayer which is previously on a number of devices. I have attempted once more and obtain a typical rather usual reply freshly so don't know where this issue stands presently.

I was finding the same thread in order to update it because i have checked with the BBC and they have unluckily de-prioritized adding the current HD service to MHEG/Freesat iPlayer services. They said they might look to add to the bitrates a bit, so the excellence in the quality would get better further, but gave no assurance or timeline as to what time this would come about. Their energies are focused on HTML versions stirring forwards as it provides them superior suppleness, though it wasn’t immense news unhappily.