Thread: Philips Net TV crashes while receiving channel update

Philips Net TV crashes while receiving channel update

While utilizing NetTV and the TV receives a channel update from cable service provider, at that moment TV display goes to black and following some seconds/minutes it exits NetTV and display the final exposed TV channel. This is a bit of frustrating while the cable provider looks like to bring up to date the channels extremely over and over again. I don't recognize why they carry out so, except if on NetTV, I don't wish for to be troubled via those message nor a run into. The crash is frustrating.

re: Philips Net TV crashes while receiving channel update

Same symptoms as you: black screen and Ambilight but it’s ok. Failed to contact the Service's website or we have purchased in March 2008 with extended warranty of two years. Out of spite, therefore it was decided to call Philips support. I do not know if you still have your screen but if it's the right model, reminds Philips and give them the serial number you'll find the back of the LCD, you never know....

The theory is adapted in the future no longer a problem, because you really only need the software of the TV-Browser. What this means, one can easily figure out and it is not like the TV stations. If it be possible for its favorite show is streamed from the U.S. to look, you will not have to wait a year to see them on a German channel. This will then also be that one program from the Internet can put together yourself. So who wants to take neither does the fixed transmission times into account?

NetTV is so far only a first step and get even exclusively in the new 8000/9000 and 21:9 TVs. The network also moves into the TV.

What I do in terms of apps and widgets, I can only say that the website is subject to constant change and then work according to outdated apps and widgets are no longer necessary. Do other users of the same device because the same problems or are you just there? If it's just you, I would rather think of a defect in the firmware. But that's always fantastic when a support to other people sent in - which also updates the firmware should be done by the TV and not through you to the PC.

In summary Philips NetTV is a fun toy to take a test but far from '"sense and simplicity" if at once what will be this kind of Internet TV. The fact remains that you are now in the house often within reach internet on mobile phone, laptop or iPhone for example. Years ago, Philips NetTV in its present form an interesting option, but with competition from other devices that are often easier to use and little or no limitations for Philips is still a long way to go before I get a wow effect of Internet on TV.

Re: Philips Net TV crashes while receiving channel update

Your Philips TV is already a lot of formats directly from USB. Turn it once a movie on a USB stick (or disk) and see if you can play it off TV. With each new generation of TVs will increase the number of supported formats. But the TVs are always behind the media player. Conversely, said there is no competitor TV producer who has done it better. The Sony network TV version is all dredging and that Samsung is approximately comparable. It is for me a good initial success of Philips. I am convinced that Philips does not sit still and it further developed.