Thread: Running same graphic card on crossfire AMD Radeon HD 6970

Running same graphic card on crossfire AMD Radeon HD 6970

Well I am looking to install two graphic cards on the computer of mine into Crossfire mode. Currently I have installed AMD Radeon HD 6970 graphic card on the computer. Now I am having following queries which I wanted to resolved by the users of this particular forum. Let me know whether I need to have same cards into the crossfire mode? Can I use the graphic card of any other manufacturer? What power supply should I use in this particular situation. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Running same graphic card on crossfire AMD Radeon HD 6970

Looking at the situation I let you know that you it would not make any issue which manufacture have made the graphic card. also it is same as the graphic card which you have installed on the computer of yours. as far as power supply is concerned you should have the power supply of 750 watt or more. There are number of well branded PSU are available in the market which you can get and used the same on the system of yours.

Yes you are right the manufacturer of the graphic card would not make any difference in this particular matter. According to me the power supply of 750to 780 watts. Even you can have the higher power supply to get the requirement of yours. it would be useful if you are supposed to do overclocking your graphic card as well as CPU. You should see that the PSU you which you have got should have the high rail AMPS would give the best stability on the card.

I have gone through the thing which you have mentioned over here and I have found the PSU of 600Watt would be the ideal solution for you. The crossfire the thing is dependent on the Watercoolimg, fans and overclock which you have done on the computer of yours. so you should consider the above mentioned point to get the ideal power supply on the computer of yours.

I wanted to say thanks to all the users who have replied with the possible solutions over here in this particular thread. Well after going through the post you have mentioned over here I have decided that going to use 750Watt PSU on the computer of mine. Anyway I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine. Thanks a lot again for the replying with the solution.