Thread: Will Radeon HD 6990 fit in Alienware Aurora R1 case ?

Will Radeon HD 6990 fit in Alienware Aurora R1 case ?

Hello I own a very good gaming machine from alienware machine and in that right now I have a graphic card which is I think not good thus I have planned to change it and to buy HD 6990, but I am not sure that it will perfectly fit in my case, thus I want to k now that or shall I have to buy another one, rather can anyone list me the supported GPU list for my machine, as in brief I have alienware aurora R1, and the GPU that I have is of approximately 9.5 inches.

Re: Will Radeon HD 6990 fit in Alienware Aurora R1 case ?

I think you must have to buy another hardware as according to me the mentioned hardware is not suitable with the machine that you have because first of all if we concern about its size than let me tell you that HD 6990 is of 12.5 inches, so better you should pick another one, and after all there are many card that is design to work with the machine that you own like NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS, you can see the specification and the compatibility on internet.

It would be good for you, and after all its all matters on the size of the cabinet that you have, if it is capable of fitting the hardware than there will be no issue. So I would suggest you that you should try to fit in your machine, or you can have another option too like you should visit any computer hardware shop and them ask them only, they will surely tell you about the hardware that you want and its compatibility with your machine.

I would say the same about this, as you should first check its compatibility with your machine that you have and if you are willing to spent more money, than you have best option like you can simply buy the new cabinet for your machine, and after that you’ll not have any issue regarding the space also, and in this if you fit it, you’ll have too many issues afterwards like most probably the heating issue.

Have you ever tried Nvidia gtx 590? This is also a good GPU, and with the option to HD 6990 you can have this one also. This is the most awaited graphic card from the NVIDIA as this is the first GTX based card from them, and I think the one that you have mentioned I also good and it will off course fit in your machine. you should get it from any hardware shop or simply you can order it also.

Rather than being confused I would say you should have NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GPU, the most important thing about this GPU is like you’ll not have any sizing issue as it is of 9 inch so will easily fit in your machine. and as far as I know the NVIDIA’s card doesn’t have any issue so far, because I have seen people who have too many issues regarding the graphics, like first of all the overheating issue that you’ll not face, after that the compatibility issues, and lots more.