Thread: Is Asus HD 5450 GFX card compatible with my system

Is Asus HD 5450 GFX card compatible with my system

Last night I was just surfing over internet about computer hardware peripherals. I went through several websites and one such website I searched for the graphic card. I have gone through its features and it is capable of providing HDMI output as well. So I am planning to have a same for my system so that even I could have an actual graphic experience. The graphic card is of Asus and is having model no. HD 5450. So please let me know whether I could use the same on my system.

Re: Is Asus HD 5450 GFX card compatible with my system

When you have looked for the graphic card then in order to know whether this hardware is compatible with your system you should first note about its expansion slot. Most of the graphic cards are nowadays built on the PCI express technology as it provides faster data transfer rate between board and the card. So look for that slot and even on your motherboard, as if they are matching then you could have that graphic card for your computer.

Well, I would give one advice for this because it is actually very vital point to make a note of it. As you're looking at your graphics card is also necessary to verify that the power of your computer is capable of supplying adequate power to the connected device. It could be the new hardware are made to install on your computer and therefore you may need additional power supply and can be the power of their own will not be delivering the power supply for the same.

The graphic card which you mentioned is good and yes it does provide a HDMI output. Also I would like to add some few points to it. It would clock at 800 MHz. s mentioned above it is much important to know that it is having PCI-E chip, so it needs a matching hole on the motherboard in order to fit inside it. Also the power this graphic card needs is normal, I mean it doesn’t need new PSU, or you not need to have such new PSU in order to supply additional power to this card.

I will provide you with an idea so that you could check whether the graphic card is compatible you’re your motherboard. For this you need to use the user manual of the motherboard which is been provided to you at the time of purchase and then view its specifications. If you are not having the instruction manual then verify the model number and download manual from manufacturer’s website. Check the specification of both i.e. motherboard as well as graphic card.

What I think is that this graphic card is compatible with your board because I guess most of the boards are having the PCI-E slot in it. So once you have that you just need to take out the old graphics card if you have on the PCI-E slot and then install the newer one. I also think that the HD 5450 is just a budget graphics card which you should go for. It is excellent for HD video and just good enough for casual gaming at low settings and you could get a better high quality experience for sure.