Thread: Dell has prevented The 2209WA

Dell has prevented The 2209WA

I just called Dell and asked about this monitor mainly because I have not seen on their website for the last 2 weeks. The representative said he has been suspended. Is only about 7 months old, why would overlook that is a large monitor and a bunch of photos people want to buy? Dell Can anyone verifies if this is true? Please if anyone get any idea or any information about this than please just let me know.

Re: Dell has prevented The 2209WA

This is very disturbing. Not sure if I want a "suspend" the model or want to wait that long. Why Dell converse their intents? Very let down and e-mail from Dell. If the monitor 2209WA was a popular, and it was with people who use a panel of photo editing, and sell well and apparently had just come out in early 2009, what is the strategy behind it pulling? Do you think the price too low? Did you pull it in response to the fact that their other 22 "monitors were neglected because the 2209WA was much better?

If the monitor 2209WA was a well-liked, and it was with people who utilize a panel of photo editing, and sell well and in fact had just appear in early 2009, what is the strategy behind it pulling? Did you drag it in response to the fact that their other 22 "monitors were neglected because the 2209WA was much improved? Not anything is trickier. The panel manufacturer cannot keep up with our demand for IPS panel input. We cannot sell what they cannot give.

I planned a 2209WA in premature March; just got it, and restored a new installation iMac for photo editing. I can tell you from individual knowledge that I was printing photos too dark after the calibration of photo printing on a large Dell here. The problem was the monitor of the Apple iMac could not be condensed in brightness and contrasts enough to allow the calibration to work well. The end result with the Dell is a huge increase in productivity and ease of use in my hobby with this monitor. I am extremely upset that Dell I cannot get sufficient of IPS panels since this monitor is the only thing cheaper than a top line that has this capability Eizo. A line of monitors, but the nearly $ 900 of your very far from the 2209WA. LCD intensity is a major trouble for photo editing, check out the latest (I think August) issue of Shutterbug for more information.

In Germany (and I guess throughout Europe too) you can at a standstill order the 22009WA on Dell's website and through sellers such as Dell reported. Cause for this is quite easy, I think. When you can get for 200 to $ 300 in the U.S. in Germany have to pay 300 Euros for it and because of the there exchange rate is about $ 420. So Dell is much more profitable to sell in Europe than 2209WA $ countries. But here too waiting time of 2-3 weeks. And as far as I know the 2209WA was introduce earlier this year and only 6 months life time surprises me considering that this screen seems to be in great demand. Another reason, of course, could be one of the many providers may not offer was already a component as TFT screen.

It is interesting that Germany is paying nearly double what they were in the U.S. for the panel and is still there. I do not want to call Dell because in the last decade has been almost as important as any other company to produce computers and has become some very good products, but I cannot really understand the marketing strategy of the suspension of the sale of a of its most popular instructors better review because a provider cannot continue with demand for the panel. One might think that the unique dealer would raise making or Dell would find a different dealer for the panel.