Thread: Dell E773 monitor screen has become wayward

Dell E773 monitor screen has become wayward

Hello friends I am making use of this Dell E773 monitor since five years now and still it is running perfectly without troubling me at all, but the problem is that recently I have found that the monitor when it is off that is when it is not in use, there are some kind of a colored stripes like a rainbow on the screen, so I what would want to know that is this something wrong that has been happening with the monitor or this natural after using it over five years.

Re: Dell E773 monitor screen has become wayward

As long as the monitor is working fine so I don’t think so that there could be any kind of a problem with the device, it can possible that the screen might have lost all its feasibility that could have caused this kind of a rainbow color stripes that would have happen by itself as it usually happens with the other old television as well, so I think that it will not cause any kind of a problem to you at all.

If you can get the monitor to be replaced so why not you get the device replaced so as to avoid any kind of a problem with further in the future. If you are able to do it for free than its OK or else you just keep the monitor as it as and try to make use of it as long as you can. Since this is pretty old model so I would suggest that use the way you can make use of it and then see what happens.

According to me it may be due to the degaussing coil circuit inside the Dell monitor. Since it is based on a CRT so it is making use of the magnets to transfer the electronic beam onto the tube. When you keep the monitor in rest position for a longtime then these magnets actually line up with the earths magnetic field. So if this coil is affected with a strong magnetic force than it is possible that the screen will get some kind of a rainbow stripes on it.

The best thing that you can do is that you must contact the Dell support staff since you are making use of the Dell monitor so it is possible that they will be able to help you in knowing that what could be the problem you are facing and what should be done. Since you are their customers and since it is a repudiated company so they will surely help you in get the best assistance for you to get all the problems solved.