Thread: ATI Radeon HD 5800 memory dump

ATI Radeon HD 5800 memory dump

I am having some problem with my graphic card and while searching for solutions on Google, I was redirected to this site. When I saw that lots of users are posting here, even I decided to register and post my doubt here. I hope that I am posting in correct section.!! I have a map of the ATI Radeon HD 5800 and I think it is the source of my problems. I have a lot of display bugs (pixels that are colored wrong, aero bureau of seven who no longer works so well) from a certain period of use of the computer (this time is variable). I also have BSOD with memory dump, but my memory chips are not corrupted. The error could be from the dedicated memory to my graphics card? If so, is it repairable or do I buy a card forever? I am hoping that you members will send some responses soon.

Re: ATI Radeon HD 5800 memory dump

Artifact smells map HS ... Have you tried to increase the power of the PSU? It may be your memory, if the PSU is alright. Why don't you try the simple troubleshooting steps. Just check that whether your graphic card is working properly on other system. If it is working fine with the other system that means graphic card is proper, so in that scenario you will have to check your PSU because power required my graphic card is more than normal.

I was having the similar issue but with different graphic card. I had a PSU of 520W Corsair, which is mainly responsible for:
    • My motherboard (Asus P5Q Pro) with a processor quadri-core (family intel core 2)
    • My CG
    • 4 HDD
    I do not know anything about the consumption of these different elements. After a quick calculation on the site of Asus, I came to know that I need a power supply of about 700W ... And there was my problem lying. I will recalculate precisely, and go shopping!! I do not know the causes of undernutrition (less power), thank you for lighting!!

Have you tried to reassemble your graphic card. I know that you will feel this step as silly (I too know that's silly), but many times just taking out the graphic card and dusting it properly solves the issue. So before doing any major things, I would like to recommend you to do this simple thing. If nothing is happening even after doing this step, then you can proceed with another things.