Thread: How to use GTX 460 on Mac OS X

How to use GTX 460 on Mac OS X

I am having a Mac Pro and I am thinking to use the GTX 460 1gb card as the sole graphics card. I know that it won’t be showing any issues while using it on the Windows OS by BootCamp but what do I need to do for making it working on the Mac OS X too. Will it need to be flashed for using GTX 460 or something else. Is there anybody who have used any such series of graphic card on mac os?

Re: How to use GTX 460 on Mac OS X

I have collected some information from world wide web and have concluded that this graphic card is not supported by Mac OS X. Though it supports for the GTX 480,470 and 465 but haven’t got support for the GTX 460 yet. I guess it would be better to use this card form the windows itself as even if you try to use it from mac os then it will become headache for you so instead of that you can easily use it on the Windows Operating system which does not have even a single problem for using this card.

Now it is found that Apple will offer in its upcoming GeForce GTX 4x0 ranges, it is time to attract new PC testing of these products in order to help you make the best choices of graphics cards when the output of the next Mac Pro (yes, yes, it will end necessarily happen). After the Geforce GTX 480 and 470 based on the GF100, NVidia has released a GTX 460 based on its first variation, the GF104.

The GTX 460 is not very powerful when it comes to overclock it. Actually you would be able to use all the kind of tweaking possibilities in the windows operating system but when you try to overclock this card from the Mac OS X then it does not allow you to do so. I guess for this particular graphic card, Running Windows operating system would be better rather than forcing it to run on the Mac OS X.