Thread: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB is not work with Windows 7

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB is not work with Windows 7

I am using the system as a gaming machine actually I just love to play games on PC and also I have Xbox 360. Everything was working fine but recently I am getting problem with the video card I am using into the system. I am using driver provided by Windows Update but I am getting error because the system freezes after reboot and also this thing is happening to me many times that my system restarts and this problem repeats. I want to ask you that are there anybody who is facing the same problem and got any solution for the issue if somebody has this problem. My computer specification is NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB video card, and also using windows 7 with 200GB Hard Disk space , 2GB RAM, AMD Sempron 2800+ on Asus K8VX-SE. Can anybody help me in getting solution for this issue?

Re: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 AGP 128MB is not work with Windows 7

I have done a lot of search and found that the card you are using is 5 series video cards from nVidia. I want tell you that there are not any driver for this series of video card in windows 7. SO the final solution for this is you have to replace the operating system or you can use the driver which is compatible for the system and also you need to change the video card to make it compatible with the operating system. So try doing the things which I am described you to do.

I would agree with above post that your older card's obsolescence is the trouble. However, depending on what you utilize the device for, export a low end card that will dash Win 7 and well in by means of your accessible other hardware might not be the finest financial intellect. If you can pay for it, I would believe improvement of your whole PC.

Actually I am using this driver which is working for me so I think you also have to improve your system with the compatibility of the latest driver so that you will be able to take amusement of all the newest game launching in the market. So the driver set that worked for me by means of a Geforce FX 5900 & Windows 7 Ultimate exist 158.18 & 163.11. So I would like to tell you to use this driver and then I think you will be able to get away of this problem.

Well I believe I figured out the trouble. I just create the handbook for my motherboard and the AGP slot is a 1.5v AGP slot just. Here the system necessities for the FX 5200 card:
    • You have to contain an unfilled AGP Slot which carry AGP 2.0 (2X/4X) or AGP 3.0 (8X) on your main board.
    • Your scheme must take in a CD-ROM drive so that you will be able to install the software using the CD.
    • you must contain other than 15 MB space on your hard disk
    • Your device have to contain 64 MB memory or more than this.