Thread: Power consumption in GTX 580

Power consumption in GTX 580

Hello friends, I recently brought a Geforce GTX 580 but I still not how to install it? I try but then I thought instead of damaging it I would first know how to get it connected? What is the requirement of installing Geforce GTX 580? One important question that comes into my mind is that what will be the power consumption of Geforce GTX 580? What are the factors that may lead to the crashing of GTX 580? Can anyone please help me out with this entire query? If anyone is having any information related to such query then please let me know.

Re: Power consumption in GTX 580

You don’t need worry because installing a Geforce GTX 580 is simply very easy. You need to install it and make sure that it is properly seated and then you will require one 8 pin and one 6 pi PEG connectors to the graphics card. Many of them make a mistake of using a 2 six pin adapter which may result in crashing of the GTX 580. One more important thing you should be aware is that you should connect it to monitor. Installation of GTX 580 is very simple.

One should know that when we are using a graphics card how much power does it loads? You can say it approximately it uses more than 50 to 100 watts when you compare it to a standard computer. This usually happens due to water cooling, higher clock setting and finally due to additional cathode lights. Basically on i7 core processor the setup is overclocked to 3.75 GHz. You should be aware that its normal consumption is much higher than a standard computer.

Whereas per my knowledge, I think that it should have atleast 650 Watt power supply unit. You may require more 250 watts in second card wherein total you may need 900 watt power approximately. There are some factors by which there might be problem in your Geforce GTX 580, whether it may be because of crashing games, bad 3D performance or immediate reset or shutdown of your system. Due to this entire factor your PSU may not cope with these factors’s load.

It basically stresses GPU when load is more not processor. I also think that one should use one 8 pin adapter and one 6 pin adapter while installing which may result in less power consumption. If you are using two 6 pin adapter it is definitely going to eat your power as it consumes more power than compare to an 8 pin adapter. I think one should consider this entire factor before installing and one should know what power it consumes when it is used.