Thread: Samsung 2233SW not detected on my pc

Samsung 2233SW not detected on my pc

I have recently bought a new monitor which is Samsung 2233SW for my desktop computer system which has Intel P4 processor with the support of 1Gb RAM and ATI Raedon X300. Now this monitor is not getting detected on my computer system as it is not showing any response to my computer system. I guess my graphic card must be creating some problem due to which this new monitor is not working.

Re: Samsung 2233SW not detected on my pc

I think any graphic card must not be having any problem to start the monitor connected to the computer system as it does not need any high end graphic support to just start the monitor. I think you must be having some problem with the connection itself due to which your monitor is not getting started. Nor there would be any support needed from your computer system due to which it is not working. So I think you should check that connection setup as you have connected this monitor to the proper port or not.

Though it is not possible that any new monitor would be having the problem but I think you should still check about the same as it has happened several time that even new hardware has some faults from the manufacturing itself. I suggest you to connect the same monitor to some other computer system which might not show any such problem but at least you would be knowing that it can work with the computer systems no matter if you try connecting it with any laptop.

If your monitor is not working on any other computer system then you should take your monitor directly to the dealer from where you have bought it. Actually there might not be any problem with the hardware of this monitor but still you should make dealer to give demo by connecting it with the computer system. And if there are any problem with the hardware itself then I guess you should first give a tight slap to your dealer and then replace the monitor with another one which must be checked running on the desktop system.

As you said, I have tried connecting this monitor with my laptop on which I am having the same Windows Vista operating system. And thank god that this monitor works with my laptop so it has been confirmed that there nothing wrong with the monitor. I guess I have check about the ports provided on my Windows Desktop system.

Actually if you have got the VGA cable with your monitor then make sure that you have connected it with the VGA port of the desktop system and if your monitor has only DVI port and cable then I guess you need to use the converter cable which will be converting the signals from VGA to DVI. I guess you must be using the DVI cable on the VGA port which does not show anything on the monitor.