Thread: Monitor spanning in iMac with XP Service pack and Intel core 2dou

Monitor spanning in iMac with XP Service pack and Intel core 2dou

I am using iMac computer since last three years. I have installed windows XP service pack three with Intel core 2dou. As I have a mini DVI which is which able to connect in iMac Intel core 2dou. Actually I want to install Boot camp or Virtualbox on my macbook which contain windows XP service pack three and also my VPN supports to this type of connection. Actually I want to know that is am able to do a monitor spanning to a second DVI displays on the imac system which I have. Please tell me the proper suggestion for this problem.

Re: Monitor spanning in iMac with XP Service pack and Intel core 2dou

As You have stated all the configuration of the system you are using I want all the configuration of the system. I have tried such connection but with some other configuration and got the connection is working fine. I am using three other systems with that connection. I am giving you my configuration if it is possible for you to configure your system with this configuration try doing this. I think this will give you the better solution for the problem. I think it is possible in your system too. Try doing with your system if not getting a proper connection the try configuring the system and go with the one which I am using are as follows:
    • Operating system:- Mac OS x10.6 which is (snow leopard)
    • Processor: - Intel I think you should go with mac os in the system instead of using windows service pack three.

As you have stated that you are using mini-DVI adapter you are using for the connection which you want. I am not getting the point actually what is the issue with your connection with mini-DVI adapter. As per my knowledge it is fit with all the recent imac computers. If you are not gfe3tting the connection then I thinks you may be trying to plug it into firewire 800port. It always happens as most people tries to do that due to its size as it seems the same size as the mini DVI port have.

I have checked that I think I am not doing such connections which you have told that many people try to do. Actually I am trying to put it into the right one which is at the far right. So any one got any idea about this type of connection please suggest me. So that I can get the desired solution.

I would like to suggest you to go for 24” if you are able to do so, it rules. You can use dual monitor on mac also, but this 24” would be better from my opinion after a few moment of connecting the display to the adapter (as you have mini-DVI adapter) the display will appear. I think this may be a solution for the issue you have. Try doing the things which I have suggested.