Thread: Asus GTX470 problems

Asus GTX470 problems

Yesterday I bought a new GTX 470 from Asus (ENGTX470) and thus my GTX260 sent into retirement. I have converted the card, turned on, latest drivers from Nvidia (I have also used the GTX260) installed and it started already. In the Device Manager an unknown "PCI Device" has surfaced, this is definitely from ASUS - Graphics card. It works at first glance, everything. I looked in forums a little bit, it was said, it could be something from the HDMI sound. Drivers once downloaded from Nvidia but is probably just for the motherboard. The search went on, and on the Drivers CD from Asus and there I am also found it. If I want to install the sound driver directly, nothing happens, not even from the INF file.
    • Problem 1: graphics card fan runs continuously to 40%
    • Problem 2: MW2 is 2 times frozen game and had slightly pixelated but does not change the color to run for a few more white Pixel.Sound but computer stopped responding.

Re: Asus GTX470 problems

So, the power supply seems to be same issue. There will be only the following possibilities:
    • Incompatibility of the hardware -> write me again your motherboard
    • Driver issue - or incompatibility of Windows and Nvidia drivers.
    • Possible defect in the card -> Very unlikely! In an emergency, you guarantee
    • Overheating: What kind of a housing pal, what many fans, how hot the card is how warm the CPU?
    • VERY IMPORTANT: What motherboard do you have?

DX9c just installed again, same date, version. Had yesterday and today a little WoW, all without problems. For me, the error occurs sporadically, which makes the whole difficult. It is also not at the temperature that is ok with just under 70 ° GPU. NEVER before had crashes etc with my old card. Driver problem, I take out really, it does WoW for 3 hours and have time before a round of UT3, liquid, and no samples. Graphics card is idle at about 50° and about 70°. On cooling, there is no shortage definitely in my brand new big-tower.

The unknown PCI device you could get away herewith, specifically the chipset driver download and install if you have not done yet. It is no different drivers for nVidia cards. ONLY: Some older cards are only supported up to a specific driver version. In this case, no matter. Could also be the HDMI audio device, but is integrated with the nVidia graphics card drivers. That's why I'd even try until GracieSingh's proposal. BIOS update is needed but do not necessarily ...