Thread: Installed new video card monitor not working please help

Installed new video card monitor not working please help

Recently purchased a new video card installed it and the monitor is not working. I have several times installed different windows and the result is the same: the screen is quite blurry even when I put the maximum resolution. But I just noticed one thing, it does not detect my graphics card eg in the device manager It makes me simply. Monitor not Plug and Play on the generic VGA standard. So maybe it's necessarily the problem that comes my screen is blurry.

Re: Installed new video card monitor not working please help

The basic problem here seems to be the drivers that is i mean to say that either your drivers are corrupted or you have not installed them correcetly so i would advice you to roll back the existing drivers and install the new drivers this will surely help you to get the monitor back to work. If the problem persists still then i would advice you to refix the Video card once again and reinstall the drivers and reboot your machine. All the best

My problem is also a serious one What happens is that it does a video card nvidia geforce 4 mx 440se agp 8x 128mb, but in a friend's pc it works whose board is agp 4x. We exchanged cards, of the, a ati radeon 7000, but it won't work with when i try it on my motherboard which rules out damage to ports and AGP cards. My board is a asrock K7S41GX with 256 of ram and agp 8x capacity. What the problem can be, not whether it be from the bios, but what happens is that when I install even starts, the screen stays black.

My system has the same configuration like yours and it runs perfectly well that card. I tell you what you can do is as far as i know 7000 uses the track and enters the selected video display as AGP .... in the bios. if that test does not serve you updated the bios and see what happens. Now the other thing that comes to mind is that when you get a 440 on your machine connects the monitor to the on board card to see if it gives you video. if so post the most certain is that this will not detect the 440. I hope you serve something that, I few to see if I can work on something else

Well, I did that and nothing helps me at all , the integrated video does not detects 440. I will do everything with minimum risk. Indeed, in a video card 64 mb or 128mb as it is better to put the agp aperture size in bios for each one respectively. The solution which you gave me does not proved to be helpful thanks for replying me waiting for a new and more helpful reply

I've already worked with this type of motherboard and is efficient and cheap, I think the solution would be to enter the BIOS and set AGP to the first device in the machine look at power. Another good solution would be to update the BIOS of the machine itself, because many times when leaving the factory the first models are not 100% tested. These pages are very good help for these issues ...

Removed the video card clean the connectors, Check the proper functioning of the card fan, when everything seems okay. uninstall the video driver integrated your mother just solve a similar problem uninstalling integrated video drivers. If your mother does not bring with integrated video prova ForceWare drivers if the problem is the video card.