Thread: Forcing TV Detection on a ATI Radeon HD 3650?

Forcing TV Detection on a ATI Radeon HD 3650?

I am using a card with more than one TV Outputs on this, forcing TV detection will not display. I have tried to do with the help of an small tutorials for updating it, but the CCC version 8.11 is not stable,that's why I turned to go for the CCC 8.10. I am working with the ATI Radeon HD 3650 and running upon the Windows Vista 32bit.

It suggest me to go within the Display Options and choose the 'Force TV Detection' if this wouldn't automatically recognize your TV when you choose 'Detect Displays', however I got unable to find any option to force TV Detection.

Re: Forcing TV Detection on a ATI Radeon HD 3650?

Does anybody here have some suggestion or any idea about the configuration of graphics card with the T.V.? I have a T.V. that is known as Vizio, I don't know about the model particularly . I tried to find into the manuals but got nothing as proper description about this . When I used the s-video to component cable my t.v. suggests - no signal, and In case of s video to video cable then it didn't occurred anything like that .My card is AGP and I am not running with the HDMI features but that doesn't suggest that I am unable to connect it up with my T.V. ?

Fine, I considered your issue and I think, this is very simple to do if you are getting from everywhere you need to connect them up.Have you tried earlier with the advance mode option, if so then you need to switch first in that mode and then you can be able to change and connect them. Just move to Open the Catalyst Control Center and switch into the Advanced mode, then to the TV selection.Now, make force detection and you should receive a signal.

It think, I destroyed up my display and now I have to contact with the some engineer and pay him to resolve the issue of my system..I am actually not going to reinstall the Windows Xp. It looks like very stupid monitor and says that its going out of the limits and it's blurry and I got to see the pixels in the monitor which is sucks. Plus o the T.v. the display was so small to display everything playing . I have decided now to fix it in this manner and I am not even going to bother with the T.V. ...

NO need to go anywhere and you can solve it yourself. Just concentrate your mind to solve this issue and we are here to suggest you on every moments when you need any support or any advice. Just try this out then if you are not feeling comfortable then you can go for the support personal.

If you just need a frequent setup,connect up the svideo to your TV and your system and perform the rebooting process of your machine. Right click on the desktop and then properties after all move to extend windows on to the TV monitor.

Fine, According to your given procedure and suggested methods. I think , I need to go for try it once. Redmonkes method didn't done as I wanted to do . I will try with the Bob-Sama's method now and this would be second time . Bob's method goes very well but the resolution is too minimum and I am sure about the procedure to change that and I am confused that I am getting unable myself to come up with the previous resolution screen since the Catalyst windows is so large for my T.V. and my T.V. is 32''

1) Just be sure that CCC is updated properly, you can visit here for any updates : http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
    2) Now, Open the CCC in Advanced mode
    3) You willl get the Displays Manager on the list and click on that
    4) Try to Detect Displays
    5) If that doesn't display when TV is already connected the you need to move for the 4th item from the list as Display Options
    6) Click on the "Force TV detection"
    7) Go back to Displays Manager and you will get your monitor and the TV (stated above "Attached displays currently disabled ")
    8) Just Drag and drop the TV icon to the second box, and I would suggest
    you to Extend the Main with TV if you need to use this as a media center
    9) Your common monitor will consume with a minimum resolution. Currently , you will have two "active" monitors. The former your common, the latter the TV. just keep your monitor back to the common configuration.
    10) Now,Just configure the TV with the 640x480, as that is the native resolution of NTSC TVs or whatever the native resolution is capable for your TV .
    11) Select between 30hz and 29hz, which is based on the factor that makes a very good picture. You will got a new tab there , mostly, "TV Properties 2".

As a conclusion, I would suggest you to use the better and possible connection with your TV, to clarify the picture. Component video (yellow) is commonly the worst option which is not a good idea. Y-Pr-Pb would be one of the good selection in this case. One more thing, you should use half -decent cables.