Thread: Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

Hello everyone, I am facing a weird problem that laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. I am using Windows Vista operating system and I have to restart my laptop everytime when this mess happens. This happens only in the sleep mode. I am not quite sure if anyone has such issues. Kindly provide some help on how to fix this situation.

Re: Laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep

If you are facing the problem that the laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep, then I suggest you to have a glance at the following threads because your issue has been solved on our forums already. Check out if you can get the solution for the same:

It is possible that there is some problem with the system file of sleep because of which the laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. So, there are 2 options available. One is to never put the system to sleep. So, you can avoid this situation. Another is format the system and install a new copy of Windows that you are using. This will put a new file for the sleep mode and thus, resolve the problem.

There seems to be some conflicts with the system because of which the laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. You will have to get rid of such applications and programs to get fix this situation. This can be caused due to an incompatibility issue, that is indirectly resulting in a problem with the hardware and, that is the monitor. I hope that your problems will be solved after removing such applications and programs.

There is a need to call the computer engineer and mention to him about the problems that the laptop screen won't turn on after waking from sleep. He will be able to look into the problem, that is what is actually causing the issue. Thus, he will also be able to provide you with the perfect solutions. This is quite better solution because it is suggested that you do not play with the system yourself.