Thread: How to Edit fan speed of GTX 275

How to Edit fan speed of GTX 275

Hi guys,

Recently, I purchased a XFX GTX 275 and wanted to use as a dedicated PhysX-card. The card is working well but there is some issues with my Fan speed and I am unable to configure the speed but the idle fan speed is a tad to high for my taste. On my main GTX 295,the idle fan speed is way lower, so I need to match that.

Do you have any suggestion for me to edit the speed of fan from BIOS settings or anything else. I think,5% decrease would do wonders.

Thanks

Yes, there are some techniques and associated software with that through which you can control over the fan speed according to the condition of the device.

You can adjust the fan speed according to the temperature of the video card or whatever device associated with the fan.It's highly possible that your specific BIOS does not contain the tools to do so. One of the program compatible with windows named as SpeedFan can help you to adjust your fan speed.
    Last edited by Marthaz; 11-04-2010 at 02:48 AM.

One of the user who asked me about the same long before to controlling the speed of the fan for device flexibility and all, This is the little part of the created thread by him as :

Do you know about any program that can be used according to the concept. If temp = __ then fan speed = __ %?that can be applied. If so please let me know, and if possible a quick rundown on how to get to that setup in whatever program you suggest!
    Last edited by ApPy10; 11-04-2010 at 02:55 AM.

There is one of the program that can be used to configure the current speed of the fan according to the temperature of the device.The RivaTuner is name of that utility.

The features included with RivaTuner are:

• Multi-monitor supported.
    • Built-in registry editor.
    • Overclocking tool.
    • Support hardware monitoring module from NVIDIA and ATI .
    • Fan control.
    • Supports Logitech G15 LCD panel.

Hey, you can also use speedfan for what you need to configure out, This is easy to use but when I was configuring my friend's system and I used it and I was not working there because he has Dimension C521 that's why it was not supported at all.

If speedfan is not working then since entire BIOS's are not created similar what is going to have to be done is go through each screen and manually find these options and if they exist make use of them.