Thread: ATI tool fan control

ATI tool fan control

Hello Friends,

I'm planning to buy out a new cooler for my 4850, since my fan doesn't seems to be working properly. I had noticed that my card runs at 78C idle. I would like to know that is there tool available in the market which can help me to reduce my 78C idle to around 37C idle, if i try to turn it up to 100%? So, can any body tell me that where can i get ATI tool fan control for my my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: ATI tool fan control

These cards do run hot, and 78C fan speed is very high. One that sets your high speed fan profile when hardware acceleration is detected and slows it down when it is not. I can have mine about 40-50% with little noise, if that is why you keep it so low. The value of the clock changes to lessen power draw when you aren't gaming/using 3d.

It looks like you are running vista aero, so i would say the clock speed change is normal, nothing to worry about. . Alternatively, use the auto fan speed profile in rivatuner. Alternatively, if you're savvy, edit the BIOS of the card to your own fan speeds. IF it does that during gameplay or something, that is not good and i would ask someone more knowledgeable than myself.

I tried the AtiTool beta, which started, but it cannot control my fan. There should be another option in there to adjust your fan speed by temperature. Just type in how fast you want the fan to run at a certain temperature. I tried to set it manually from 0 to 100%, but nothing changed. (it worked fine before reinstalling windows). I tried writing those dynamic values in that table with rivatuner, but that doesn't help at all.

Try to keep GPU temperature at: this will automatically adjust the fan to try to keep the GPU temperature at a temperature selected by the user (in celcius). Make sure your CPU and Memory overclocks are fully stable by running some passes of Prime 95. If you have any doubts put everything back to stock. Go to your CCC, ATI-Overdrive, hit the key and check manual fan control and set the slider to your desired speed, you can watch the temperature drop.

According to my best of knowledge, you can use Gainward Expertool ATI v4.0 which helps you to enables HD4850 / HD 4870 fan control without CCC or BIOS Mod. The fan on the card seems to be in a state of idle or 100%. ATI Tool will show XX% for the fan speed but it sounds the same and temperatures do not change. It is only when it hits a set threshold that the fan roars to life at full speed.