Thread: Dual Monitor Problem on Windows 7

Dual Monitor Problem on Windows 7

I’ve had my Dell computer and dual Samsung monitors on which i had recently installed Windows 7 on it. Now the problem is that when i connect the monitor to my laptop automatically the laptop monitor is disabled and the Samsung becomes the primary display. My graphics card is a GeForce 9400gt. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia's web site. So, can any one tell me that how to resolve dual monitor problem on Windows 7? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Dual Monitor Problem on Windows 7

Windows supports a single multi-monitor mode, usually referred to as standard or extended desktop mode, also DualView or independent displays mode. Getting dual monitors to work correctly seems to be a hit or miss affair. In this mode, all monitors connected to the installed video cards form a single desktop, you can move the mouse and applications to any monitor. Each monitor can use different settings (resolution, color depth and refresh rate). In many cases, it's just a matter adding a second video card and monitor and rebooting the computer.

Usually the base display is the VGA monitor (for PC) or LCD Screen (for laptops). Have you been to multiple displays option in nvidia control panel and selected them both? Now, what happens when you attach an external projector to the PC? Or what happens when you attach an external monitor to your laptop? Use the controls on the monitor itself to adjust the width, height and position.

If you can't get your second monitor to work at all, there are a couple of steps that you can take. Right click the desktop and choose screen resolution. Hit apply or ok after you set them to the positions you want them in.Try to install the monitor's driver by doing a Windows Update or install it manually after downloading from the maker's website. In some systems, you need to change a BIOS system to allow the PCI display adapter to initialize first, instead of the AGP adapter. You should be sure that both of your display adapters are supported by the version of Windows that you are using.