Thread: Which among Plasma TV, LCD TV, LED TV or OLED TV is better

Which among Plasma TV, LCD TV, LED TV or OLED TV is better

I'm planning to buy out a new tv. But i'm confused between Plasma TV, LCD TV and LED TV. I would like to know that which is the best amongst Plasma TV, LCD TV, or LED TV? Can any one tell me the exact differences between them? Also would like to know that which one is the better one? Let me know your views on the above topic. Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Which among Plasma TV, LCD TV, LED TV or OLED TV is better

On both picture and motion the Plasma is way ahead of the LCD screen. This is a complicated topic, when choosing between LCD and plasma TVs, you're actually selecting between two competing technologies, both of which achieve similar features (i.e., bright, crystal-clear images, super color saturated pictures) and come in similar packages (i.e., 3.5 to 5 inch depth flat screen casing).

It’s always interesting and fun to compare visual display technologies. Eventually most enthusiasts end up putting their hard earned dollars on one side of battle, thus fueling the enduring debate. Plasma flat screen technology consists of hundreds of thousands of individual pixel cells, which allow electric pulses (stemming from electrodes) to excite rare natural gases-usually xenon and neon-causing them to glow and produce light. To complicate the decision-making process further, price and size are two previous considerations that are rapidly becoming non-issues as LCDs are now being made in larger sizes and at competing prices with plasma TVs.

LED-backlit LCD TVs can cost as much as twice their standard LCD or plasma counterparts. Plasma TV has been claiming higher contrast than LCD TV in dark environments. A matrix of thin-film transistors (TFTs) supplies voltage to liquid-crystal-filled cells sandwiched between two sheets of glass. With the use of LED backlight with image adaptive dimming, this advantage is gradually being lost. The colour gamut of RGB LED lit LCD TV is the highest of all types of TV including OLED TV. Up until now, LCDs used fluorescent tubes to light the screen. Whether spread across a flat-panel screen or placed in the heart of a projector, all LCD displays come from the same technological background.