Thread: Disable Video chip on Dell Dimension 2350

Disable Video chip on Dell Dimension 2350

Hello Freaks,

I have a Dell 2350,just got the ATI Radeon X1300 .Now with issues with disabling the chip since the options in the BIOS are limited. I switched the legacy video from "Intergrated" to "PCI" and disabled the video chip in the "SYSTEM" window within Control Panel. The PC is not detecting the new video card, the driver software isn't installing correctly either.I have no clue what to do at this moment ..Can any one help me some kind of help here..

It would be greatly appreciated..
    thanks ..!!!

Re: Disable Video chip on Dell Dimension 2350

You may just try to re seat the things I guess DDR2 video cards work fine in your computer and the graphics card that you can fit into them from pci is not very high this is going to be a little bit of a cost for such a outdated card etc because of the connection the same applies to ddr ram rather that ddr2 although ddr2 is better cost less

All right This is what to do. Have a visit on your Control Panel then click on Systems then click on Hardware. Then click on device manager then look for Display Adapters click on + to open it up. Then right click with your mouse the one you need to disable this will open up a secondary box there you will see Disable just click on it to disable your old Video. done.

It can be done with this process Right click the My Computer icon to select the Properties.Click the Hardware tab and/or the Device Manager button. Open the Display adapters. You should see the Intel video card.Double click the listing for Intel whatever At the bottom under "Device Usage", click the down arrow and change this to "Do not use this device, disable"and apply the changes and restart your computer