Thread: How to clean LCD screen?

How to clean LCD screen?

I would like to know How i can clean my LCD Screen am not aware of it. Can you please help me ?
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

Re: How to clean LCD screen?

you can use a cleaning solution of 50% distilled water and 50% isopropyl (rubbing alcohol). You should use a soft cloth such as an old cotton T-shirt or handkerchief. Don't use paper towels, tissues, or ordinary dish cloths, as harsh cloths may damage the soft surface of an LCD screen.

1. Turn off the computer or display. You may need to turn off the computer in order to turn off some Apple displays.
    2. Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only.
    3. Wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.

This may have been common sense to many of you, but I'd been putting off a much-needed clean for a while because I didn't want to destroy the beautiful, mysterious screen. Since my instinct was to use some rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner (boy was I off!) to get the job done, I'm very glad I checked beforehand. Alcohol on your monitor can cause damage to the coating and dry out and crack the plastic. You can use mild, non-alcoholic detergents (and Apple does endorse one), but I'll probably stick with water for now.

I use a cleaner from Kensington (http://www.kensington.com/html/1081.html) on my monitor _and_ my LCDs and it works great. It comes in a little spray bottle, and I use these neat little 3M 'electronics' microfiber cloths to buff off the spray. Works like a charm.

I'm pretty sure you can get both of them at your local Office Depot/Max.

I tried those cloths that were already pre-moistened with cleaner (don't remember the brand name), and they left a ton of streaks...I don't recommend them.

How to clean LCD screen?

How to Clean an LCD Screen

Your easiest choice is one of those LCD cleaning solutions they sell in places where they sell computers. But they’re expensive, and why bother when you can make your own solution for next to nothing?

What you’ll need:

• Distilled water (available at your supermarket; tap water leaves streaks and minerals).
    • White vinegar (you may substitute isopropyl alcohol; either way, make sure these substances are diluted before they come near your screen).
    • A clean, soft cloth (never use any kind of paper product).
    • A spray bottle.

Directions:

1. In the spray bottle, mix the distilled water and alcohol/vinegar, in a 1:1 ratio.
    2. Turn off the LCD display.
    3. Spray the mixture onto the cloth, never directly onto the screen.
    4. Wipe gently – oh, so gently – from top to bottom. Do it horizontally, too, if you think that leaves a cleaner result.
    5. Let the screen dry before turning it back on

Cleaning Your LCD Screen

The major computer outlet stores are now starting to carry LCD cleaners for Flat Panel Monitors and Notebooks that do not contain the chemicals found in some commercial glass cleaners. These cleaners will definitely do the job nicely, but you do have to purchase them. If you do not wish to purchase these factory made cleaners, then you can clean your LCD Screen in the following manner.

What You Can Use

• Water.
    • Water with a tiny amount of soft liquid soap.
    • Isopropyl Alcohol.
    • Hexane.
    • Petroleum Benzine.
    • Commercial glass cleaners that do not contain ammonia.

What You Should Avoid

• Acetone.
    • Ammonia.
    • Ethyl acid.
    • Ethyl Alcohol.
    • Methyl chloride.
    • Toluene.
    • Commercial glass cleaners containing ammonia.

How You Should Do It

You should clean your LCD Screen by applying the cleaner to a soft, clean cloth. Then you should wipe the cloth across the display from left to right, moving from the top of the display down to the bottom of the display. If your display contains grease or some other contaminant, then you should dampen your cloth with water instead of a commercial cleaner as the cleaner may smear the contaminants across the screen.

General Maintenance

You should avoid subjecting your LCD Screen to extreme temperatures and humidity and avoid exposures to direct sunlight. You should also avoid physical shocks to your display. If you have a notebook, then you should avoid stacking books or other objects upon the notebook with the screen closed etc.