Thread: First look of new Dune HD Pro

First look of new Dune HD Pro

I am thinking to get the new Dune HD Pro but before that I would like to know how many people have used it? There are many reviews available over the internet but I want to get some suggestions from people who are having personal experience with this device. Thank you so much in advance for any reply.

Re: First look of new Dune HD Pro

HDI has unveiled its new universal multimedia player, called Dune HD Pro. The peculiarity of this device is that it comes with many advanced multimedia features, like for example a modular system which composed of three units. This is a universal media player, a Blu-ray 3D equipped device with slot (hot-swappable) for the installation of a hard disk, and finally a media server with a 7" color LCD screen, and four slots for installation of as many hard drives.

I found that the technical specifications are very interesting, This device includes 2 HDMI 1.4, Ethernet and Wi-Fi, support for IPTV and Video On Demand services, reproduction of audio and video formats of various types (this includes 1080p video files through high bit rate and audio with 192kHz 24-bit), features THX Media Director (audio-video chain that supports this feature allows for automatic selection of settings, to enjoy content in the best and simplest way possible), outputs Balanced XLR, AES / EBU outputs, USB and eSATA, Sigma Designs 8910 processor and advanced video section assigned to the VXP processor.

At the IFA, HDI showed a single module to see the Dune HD Pro, however, modular can consist of several components. First is the regular player then the second optional module is a Blu-ray player. The total system is equipped with HDMI 1.4, and support for IPTV, VOD and OTT streaming services and support for Blu-ray and RealD 3D.

The Dune HD Pro will use its own network protocol for connecting hard drives. The network protocol was designed for the Dune HD Pro player. I liked this one and you can surely go for this.

There will be two extra modules. The first will provide a Blu-Ray 3D as well as the detachable hard drive. The second will also provide a Blu-Ray 3D, but together with four drive configurable like RAID 0, 1, or 5. The block will be attached in eSATA for Blu-ray as well as ethernet so that it can be used with the hard drives.

Below is the features that you will get with the Dune HD Pro:

• VXP Video Processor
    • Burr Brown Audio DACS
    • Hi End Power supply
    • Solid Mass cabinet
    • Dimmer button
    • rack mountable
    • cover art browsing
    • flash support
    • 3d support
    • HDMI 1.4