Thread: Missing Songs, need help. Please.

Missing Songs, need help. Please.

I've been digging around and reading these threads and they are either too complex for me or not quite what I think my problem is...

I am a basic computer person. I'm not apt to dig around in files and delete and move and rename. So the chances of this being something because I hit delete and yes to delete all is slim or the chances of this being something because I moved files around is very slim. I have not deleted songs for a very long time either.

I'm sure I won't provide enough information so ask away please. I really want to get this fixed.

1. Missing songs. I have quite a few albums ripped to WMP 11. For a long time they were there and played fine. Now though, one album might have all the even number songs or all the odd number songs, etc. Or you might find one song missing out of 12.

If I go to the files (left click on a song in the same album and go to open containing folder) the other songs are NOT there. They are also NOT in the trash can on my desktop. Looking at other threads I see where you say to look in 'unknown' and they are NOT there either.

Any other ideas? Suggestions? Or have I just lost everything completely? Is there a reason this has happened?

2. Moved Music. I always put everything in D:music. And now when looking at WMP 11. if I click on folders there is music everywhere on my computer. what in the world???

3. Duplicate Songs. As if missing songs is not enough- I am finding through WMP that I have many songs listed two and three times. I was thinking of deleting them. I have made it so you can see the place the music is at in a column (Sorry I forget all the techy terms here!) So, for example- I might see Song a as being in D: music... and then again Song a as being in C:Documents and senttings... whatever.

So why is my music being moved around? And what do I need to do about it?

And can I delete duplicated music without causing myself heartache in the future? I have enough music on there that I'm worried about space on my older laptop that I use for this purpose.

And why are songs missing?

HELP>...... Please.....
    Ginger

Re: Missing Songs, need help. Please.

Missing songs means actually what are they really missing from the Pc itself or you are not able to fetch it from the library that is the music library. Well if it is the problem with the music library which is associated with the media player then you need to again add the songs in it.

The songs seem to have actually gone away from my pc and everything.

I haven't deleted them. I am pretty careful about deleting. Yet it seems like many of my cd's have tracks 2,4,6, etc. Or 1,3,5...

And as I said some of the music has moved around on the pc.

I could reload cd's on there but I"m hesitant until I understand what happened.

I also had similar kind of issues, WMP can't read certain tracks. I noticed that the songs are listed in the Unknown artist category, but the file size is 0 byte and no tag data is imported. The song plays just fine in WMP thought. In ITunes and Tag & Rename there is no problem importing the tracks, and shows all tag information correctly. You can also read up some suggestions given in this similar kind of thread - http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/1000045.htm

TY. I'll read up on it. I can't seem to get any of them to play anywhere and they do not seem to be in the unknown catagory.