Thread: Full screen choppy in VLC but smooth when controls displayed

Full screen choppy in VLC but smooth when controls displayed

I am having a Dell Vostro 1014 laptop and using the same with windows 7 operating system. I have also made the installation of VLC media player on my system which deals with the entire media files. Now there is an unusual problem I am facing, whenever I am playing the video in full screen mode then it will give me a choppy effect and when it is resized to small size then the controls are displayed at that time I am getting the proper display. Can anyone please help.

Re: Full screen choppy in VLC but smooth when controls displayed

If this is the problem then there is nothing wrong with the VLC media player, in fact I would say that the file which you are trying to watch in full screen mode is not proper and that is the reason why you are facing such problem. It happens if the file is corrupted then it fails to play properly in the full screen mode. Now what you have to do here is that just try and see whether the problem is associated with any other file and if not then the media player is fine.

Well I guess you are facing this problem because the video drivers on the system are not installed properly. So what you have to do is that try and download the appropriate drivers and install it on your computer. And if the drivers are already installed in the same then you have to update the same with the help of the device manager.

It could be that there are no codec’s installed on your system and that is the reason you are unable to play the file properly. Can you try to visit the official site of VLC and then see whether you are able to find the updated codec and if you found any then download and install the same. I hope after installing the proper codecs, the issue will be resolved.

I would say that you should download the Media Player classic software in you pc which is very simple to use and also comes for free download. In terms of functionality, Media Player Classic supports bookmarks, plays DVDs and all kinds of video, is able to zoom to fit the shape of a TV (16/9, 4/3), supports a large number of audio and video filters and plays RealMedia and QuickTime format files as well.