Thread: How to get Tata Docomo 3G to work on PC

How to get Tata Docomo 3G to work on PC

I am using a Docomo 3G since long time on my smartphone. I was using a local broadband service with my desktop which is not working since past couple of days due to rain. Hence i thought to share my Mobile 3G on the laptop for browsing. I connect the phone as modem and connect internet. It works good on my PC but only for 5 to 7 minutes. Later though the connection shows "Connected" but i cannot browse anything. I mean, data transfer stops.

No matter what i do, it will just not work unless and until i disconnect and connect it again. Any help would be appreciated about the same.

Re: How to get Tata Docomo 3G to work on PC

Hey even i am facing the same problem. I though i was alone with this problem hence i simply ignored the same and continued using 3G on my smartphone itself instead of connecting it to PC. Surprisingly the dropout problem never happen unless i am using it on my phone but as soon as i connect it to my laptop, then as you said, it drops in 5 to 15 minutes but network connection wizard shows that the connection is active. I dont understand what could be the problem.

Even Docomo customer care executives are not able to fix this. I took my card to service center and explained the problem. They tested it by connecting the phone as modem on their laptops and the data transfer used to stop as mentioned above in few minutes. Hope anyone from here can help us out with this strange issue.

I don’t know what could be the reason for your problems but I have some useful info on this topic. Which mobile phones are you guys using which you connect with PC suite as modem? In my case I have Galaxy Grand Duos with active Docomo 3G connection. What I do is I create a wifi hotspot on my mobile and use the connection on my Laptop. Guess what, I surf and download for hours but my connection never drops as you both mentioned above. See if you guys get any idea from this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanishwar View Post
    Which mobile phones are you guys using which you connect with PC suite as modem? In my case I have Galaxy Grand Duos with active Docomo 3G connection. What I do is I create a wifi hotspot on my mobile and use the connection on my Laptop.
    I too agree with you Fanishwar because I also use Docomo 3G and no such problems. However, as far as the problem is concerned I strongly suspect the settings. When you connect the phone with USB Cable through PC Suite, make sure to put manual settings instead of creating the settings automatically from PC Suite options. Better call up Docomo guys and ask them for manual settings. It should be probably APN-TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNETHVC. There should be also a dial up number. Ask them for the same.

So this was it. Thank you very much for sharing such useful info Spy$Eyes. I did the manual settings on my laptop while on call with Docomo representative and now the 3G works fine without losing the connection like earlier. I should have come earlier for help, was facing this annoying problem since a month.

Help appreciated.