Thread: Does Airtel allows to retain their plan

Does Airtel allows to retain their plan

I am the user of Airtel service. I want to shift my plan. But I don’t have enough information about that. I want to know that whether Airtel allows their customers to retain to their plan or not. Suppose if they have come up with new interesting plans or may be with increased or decreased FUP limit then they can provide retention to customer.i am asking this question because I want to change my plan to Airtel’s Turbo 150GB plan at 4 MBPS speed. Can they allowed me to retain this plan or not? I can get the solution for this. Is anyone there who can provide me some information about this to solve my problem? Please help me out.

Re: Does Airtel allows to retain their plan

I read your problem. And I want to give you some information to you. I think Airtel service never forced a customer to change their plans for a long time. I said this because I know some people who retained their plan for a long long time. But I heard that some of the user has been forced to migrate to newer plans. Many people know after sometime that they have FUP applied on their plans. So in general I say that Airtel service tends to allow you to keep your existing plan.

I want to tell you that don’t think about what Airtel likes or Airtel wants or Airtel allows. Always remember that we pay for their services. So don’t worry about the providers considerations. Here i am giving you some idea to solve your problem. There is no such ISP who can force you to upgrade your plan. But the ISP can give you some offers to join their plans. But remember one thing that once you have switched to Higher plan then you won’t be allowed to come back to your lower plans. That means you can upgrade your plans but then you banned for the lower or older plans. I hope this may be helpful to you.

According to my information they usually don’t force to do it. But sometime they can flag also. That means they might force you to shift. But my opinion is that you should stick to your old plans if you don’t like the newer one in this kind of case. Means that if you got 2MBPS speed at 2 GB download and you already have 1 MBPS speed unlimited plan then don’t shift in the newer on please try to use the old plan. Hope this may worth to you.

I think there is no such a contract so they can move you to another plans. Therefore you cannot be forced by the service provider to shift in the newer plans. And another thing is that If you want to sift in the newer plan then also ISP cannot take objection to you (in case you have paid all the bill payments).

I am also user of Airtel service form last 10 years. My plan is 5-6 years old (999/- for 512 kbps unlimited) but I never get any forced objection on my plan or they never forced me to shift to the newer plans. Actually once I was FUP’d but after complaining the problem was solved and they remove the FUP.

As per your description I come to know that you have not a big problem at all. You can shift to your favorite plans when you want. There is no restriction on you to select the plan. But you should pay the entire bill amount before shifting to any plans. By doing this you can easily shift to your favorite plan. ISP provide you some newer plans also. And you can get those if you want. Or you also refuse those plans. There is no restrictions on that. I thought this information is enough for you to solve your problem.