Thread: How to both make Bsnl 3G data card run on laptop and PC simultaneously

How to both make Bsnl 3G data card run on laptop and PC simultaneously

Guys I have got a very interesting questions for all you guys and I believe that someone will be able to help me in proving the right solutions. My query is that will we be able to access the internet through the usb data card simultaneously on both my laptop as well as the computer system. Now we all know that we can make it possible while we make use of a wired internet connection, but now I would want to know will we be able to make both pc and the laptop access the internet from the data card at once.

Re: How to both make Bsnl 3G data card run on laptop and PC simultaneously

You can even access the internet from the other device on which there is a need of a connection from the device that is already getting the internet connection through the data card. To do this you will have to access the other device through the proxy server since you might be knowing both the device IP address, so you can easily make use of the same on any device that you want.

One of the other ways that you can make use of the internet that is active on the other device is through the use of the Connectify program which you can easily download and install on any system. It is an straightforward software router for laptops or even mobile phones. With Connectify, we can wirelessly share any Internet connection: a cable modem, a cellular card, or even another Wi-Fi network. The only drawback in using it is that the laptop on which the program is running should also be switched on to access the internet.

Guys I am not that technically sound so as to make use of a proxy server to get access to the internet also I am unable to get the connectify software to work properly as it is very complicated the settings that I have do before the connection is just to complex. Also, it is very difficult to keep the other device working all the time, so I would want to know that is there any other easy way to connect to the internet.

Hey dude why not, you will be surely be able to connect the usb to allow the internet access on both the pc as well as the laptop at the same time. To do this Just as we do it in a wired network we have to make use of a Router over here as well, that can help you in providing the internet connection to both the laptop as well as the system. But you should see to it that you get a router that is desired for the data card as well. So find out the router and use it with the data card of yours.

Thank you guys I have got the data card to work with both the device easily through the router, this is really a very good forum as it provides its users will all the possibilities unlike other which don’t provide the right details as well. I am pretty amazed with the router as now I am able to connect to the internet from both my device without doing any kind of a setting as such and without keeping any device on for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Uchiha View Post
    Thank you guys I have got the data card to work with both the device easily through the router, this is really a very good forum as it provides its users will all the possibilities unlike other which don’t provide the right details as well. I am pretty amazed with the router as now I am able to connect to the internet from both my device without doing any kind of a setting as such and without keeping any device on for the other.

which router is needed please tell me
    n is it possible to do it without router

You can do that by creating a shared internet connection netween your pc and laptop. For that the best way is to configure both of them on wifi. Second you can use any switch or regular router and connect both the laptop and pc to the same lan. Then share the same internet connection can be used over both. And if you want to use only 1 pc then connect the same to your laptop via lan cable and share.